PDA

View Full Version : Alias or Borg?

havoc531
04-13-2004, 12:09 PM
It's time for a new gun, and I've narrowed my choices down. I am going for either an Alias or a Cyborg. Which one would you go for if price was not a concern, and why? I'm leaning toward an Alias because I really like the looks, and performance wise, it seems to be as good or better than any other high end electro. Once again, price IS NOT a concern.

angelbeast24
04-13-2004, 12:21 PM
even tho im not a timmy fan im goin to say alias those things are crazy fast

spantol
04-13-2004, 12:34 PM
I haven't had the opportunity to fire a Cyborg yet, so I can't comment on that aspect. I've spent some time handling both, though, and I prefer the feel of the Alias. The Alias's frame felt ridiculously comfortable, where the Cyborg's felt awkward.

bunkermaster10
04-13-2004, 01:13 PM
My teammate is trading his Cyborg for an Alias. The cyborg is a nice marker but its like 10+- on the Chrono which SUCKS. Get the Alias for sure. Both are damn light though.

AGDlover
04-13-2004, 01:34 PM
you do know thoughs cronos aren't really accurate your better off sound bording it anywho i say try bolth guns and see witch one you like more

bunkermaster10
04-13-2004, 01:38 PM
Well it cost us a match where he had played marker less, cause his marker would be like 290, 301, 280, and jump back over 300. So that was a no no and couldn't play w/ it. We worked on it for awhile w/ stuff and it jumped like 10 ever time over the red Chronos, everybody uses the red chronos just cause there not accurate doesn't mean crap whatever that thing says is true its says 301 fps you can't play w/ it unless u fix it in like 2 mins.

havoc531
04-13-2004, 03:37 PM
I have shot a Cyborg, and I liked it but I did not particularly like the trigger angle, and it didn't feel comfy.. I just don't think I'll have the opportunity to shoot an Alias, so I am just going to have to follow recommendations. I have held one, however, and I really liked it. The gun felt perfect (balance, trigger angle, and I like the hump on the back of the grip).

Xyxyll
04-13-2004, 05:11 PM
You decide...

http://home.stny.rr.com/planetatv/guns.jpg
(no these aren't mine)

TheDuelist
04-13-2004, 07:36 PM
I own a Cyborg and my teammate owns an Alias. Both are excellent markers but I've yet to have a problem with the Borg right out of the box. I cannot say the same for the Alias. Out of the few times we have payed recently it has yet to function properly. Now I accept that not all markers are the same, even in the same family. But from my experience with the Alias it has its issues.

If you want a marker that works right out of the box (I haven't heard of a Borg that hasn't) then get the Cyborg. If you like tweaking and can deal with the upkeep that may come with the Alias then go with it.

Looks don't matter to me when it comes to paintball, I prefer to shoot something that works when I need it to (and yes that includes my shocker).