PDA

View Full Version : micromag problems

magis70
10-01-2001, 11:47 PM
i just bought a used micromag,the guy oiled it and shot it a bunch before he sent it,when i air it up and shoot a few times,it makes the sound like when it cocks,then it leaks down the barrel,then stopes when i fire some more,the guy that sold it to me never had these problems,when i oiled the on/off pin it seemed to get better,now it does it about every 15 to 20 shots,please help.im using co2,and when i tested it i had the gun pointed up so there was no liquid in it,the last owner used hpa religiously.i also just put on a new gasline from the valve to the bottomline adapter,it barely fits and that might be constricting airflow,i have no idea...

M-a-s-sDriver
10-02-2001, 12:09 AM
Is it an RT type valve? They don't tolerate co2.

magis70
10-02-2001, 12:12 AM
no,its just a standard a.i.r valve,and the guy just replaced the reg seat a few months back too.

Big_Show
10-02-2001, 01:49 AM
No Expansion chamber? If you use Co2 you might want to. I have seen shoot down on any Mag, on the Juice, without an X-chamber. Also I am not sure about Micromag's but on other Mags the stock air hose has a filter to prevent dirt from entering the valve. Co2 is very dirty. It also couldn't hurt to replace the O-rings in your valve since it is used.

Big_Show

magis70
10-02-2001, 09:50 AM
i has pointing the gun up suring testing,i just put together an anti-aiphone tank and am waiting for the loctite to dry...