PDA

View Full Version : AGD Flatline question

Pete02019
04-13-2004, 03:11 PM
I figured I'd buy a AGD flatline system directly from AGD' s online store, but I don't see it listed. Am I missing something?

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
04-13-2004, 03:29 PM
i don't think flatlines are in production anymore

Banshee23
04-13-2004, 03:46 PM
AGD said they're not in production anymore. Try contacting Tunaman, he might have some still in stock. Otherwise used ones come up for sale in the forums every so often.

jayloo
04-13-2004, 04:03 PM
There are a couple used ones in the for sale thread on this board.

Pete02019
04-13-2004, 04:25 PM
Thanks ... all of you. I'll take a look at those used ones.

However ...
For the sake of argument--lets say I want something new/current. What would be some recommended alternatives? (maybe Center Flag's Dynaflow, etc?)

This one's open to anybody who cares to respond. I'm really interested in an adjustable reg/tank and would also like to know what to avoid.

WenULiVeUdiE
04-13-2004, 04:50 PM
The new Mac Dev Conquest is very nice and improved. Very nice and consistant. Theres also the Evil Scion( dont know much about it), and the Nitro Duck X-Stream. All are fairly good, but I dont know much about abou the Scion.

Scircal
04-13-2004, 05:48 PM
You can always get a used one and then just order a bunch of new internals from the AGD store. If not the suggested tanks above should suffice, though I'm not sure how well a Mac Dev will work on a Mag, if that's what you're putting it on.

And to segue, why were the flatlines discontinued? Were they being made over at AGDE or something?

ghideon
04-13-2004, 05:56 PM
Something about not enough demand?

I dunno. Best damned tank I ever bought. Makes me wanna go out and get another one.

durtysoufcraka
04-13-2004, 06:02 PM
if you buy one used...and then you play with it and love it and sleep with it and make a nice family...but then you both decide it is time to have your pentanual hydro test and it doesnt pass. and you accuse it of being unfaithful, but it swears that it got whatever made it not pass hydro from an open cut in their mouth and sharing drinks or a tooth brush or some S**T. and you hope to god they're not lying to you because you invested so much time into your relationship and you really loved it and thought you'd be together for ever. but no it decided that you werent playing enough with it to keep in hydro. it had to go and pick up some sort of unhydro test passing disease. how can you fix it so it is back in hydro?

-if you decided not to read that part (i dont know what happened) above please read this: what makes a tank fail hydro. and can u usually fix it. or do you ahve to buy a completely new one?

Tron
04-13-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by durtysoufcraka
if you buy one used...and then you play with it and love it and sleep with it and make a nice family...but then you both decide it is time to have your pentanual hydro test and it doesnt pass. and you accuse it of being unfaithful, but it swears that it got whatever made it not pass hydro from an open cut in their mouth and sharing drinks or a tooth brush or some S**T. and you hope to god they're not lying to you because you invested so much time into your relationship and you really loved it and thought you'd be together for ever. but no it decided that you werent playing enough with it to keep in hydro. it had to go and pick up some sort of unhydro test passing disease. how can you fix it so it is back in hydro?

-if you decided not to read that part (i dont know what happened) above please read this: what makes a tank fail hydro. and can u usually fix it. or do you ahve to buy a completely new one?

If it doesn't pass they destroy the tank. I doubt you even get it back. Why not just get another bottle and have it installed?

jayloo
04-13-2004, 10:44 PM
I have a 68/45k flatline but I hear the Pure Energy presets are great.

Scircal
04-16-2004, 11:01 AM
Something about not enough demand?

Sad if that's the case, especially since AGD pioneered the use of HPA. If there was any product TK should have marketed, it should have been the Flatline. Sure I've heard people say mags suck, but I've never heard them say that about the Flatline.

SPY 1
04-16-2004, 05:45 PM
I think there on sale at paintballgear but i'm not shure they have them in stock was looking for one myself .