PDA

View Full Version : x valve stuck

510driver
04-13-2004, 04:06 PM
i just got my x valve and when i shoot the thing i can fire
5 shots adn the bolt just stays there. i know how to adjust the level 10 as i had it on my classic. i just made this mag
i have a chord v1 body, intelli, planet eclipes rail. i don't know if it alighned or what? i can loosen the field strip screw then it works but seems to runaway. trigger bounce. i don't know what special about this valve as it does not seem to reactive. i can feel a slight bounce.
i'm using a 4500 crossfire tank w/ 850 preset. i have seen a the video of the mag rippin but is that a e-mag? if the bouncin trigger is ilegal does it make my mag illegal or not?

Potatoboy
04-13-2004, 04:10 PM
The field strip screw should always be snugged up with an allen key. Do not use the marker with the screw loose.

You may be lacking a rail bushing.

It's a small metal tube that aligns the rail and gripframe thogether.

Check and see if you have that.

510driver
04-13-2004, 04:18 PM
the rail bushing is there. i also tried with the scre tight. gun does not fire. softer spring no go. bigger carrier no go is it the body?

Potatoboy
04-13-2004, 04:24 PM
Did you try turning the velocity up?

New Xvalves will not fire out of the box some of the time.

You do need to set the level 10 and will likely need to raise the velocity to get them to fire.

510driver
04-13-2004, 04:37 PM
velocity was turned up and nothing? will try my old body back on it

abunkerer
04-13-2004, 05:17 PM
new Level 10 mags need a little break in time.

during this time you should make sure that your carrier oring is as well lubed, and the carrier is the biggest one that you can use without a leak.
use the small spring.
chrono at about 300fps
also make sure that the on/off is lubed.
-once it is working reliably you can tweak it to be softer on paint.

510driver
04-13-2004, 06:44 PM
it was the body!!!! i used my old minimag body and all the problems went away. i going to try an rt pro rail with the chord body and see if it works. but it's the body bolt is sticking to the sides.

Smoke
04-15-2004, 10:48 AM
Does the Chord body have those round detents on the side? If so, the detent may be pinching your bolt. Try backing it out a little bit.

510driver
04-15-2004, 11:04 AM
i took the detents out to see it was them nope! it seem the body and the valve are not alighned properly. the valve sit lower than the body slightly. I know the body is from a slug. i think it might be the rail causing this to happen i need to get q hold of a rtp rail to verify also noticed my front frame screw sits at slight angle. will put a washer there. ilooked at many diagrams and can't find if a washer or spacer goes there.i have the urethane washer in the rear. so will investigate today and try to solve this issue.

510driver
04-15-2004, 03:51 PM
i'v figured the damn thing out it is the body and valve out of alignmnet. i snugged the field strip bolt with and allen key, gassed it up nothing. then i loosened the front frame screw a bit. then bingo. i figured as the marker is gasing up the bottom piece of the on/off is pushin on the inside of the body causing it to sit off center a bit. the srcews are all tight when i degass the sucker. but it now works like it should. kinda strange i think. i just shot 1500 round in about 35 min. all the o-rings are broken in and this is still agas hog but oh well. shoots good and straight. :D