PDA

View Full Version : Words of wisdom, Maybe AGD could back this up?

Rusty_Jones
10-02-2001, 01:00 AM
I noticed a lot of people seem to want to use after market parts, possibly because most of these parts are better then stock parts. I was told by at least 4 people who either own a mag or have owned a mag that using stock AGD parts is by far and large the best route to go with your gun. Reactor valves, smart valves, blah blah blah.... All have been said to me by people way more experienced in these things than I that they'll never be better then stock AGD parts. Tom himself could prolly vouch for one of these paint ball gurus, Dave Rudig aka Paintball Dave.

Hey Tom, care to tell us about your gun(s) since you own the company?

Temo Vryce
10-02-2001, 02:13 PM
Actually if we could get one or two of the guys that fix Mags when they come back to AGD, I'm sure that they could tell us about the warehouse they have that is full of after market parts that broke the marker in the first place.

Here's a simple way to tell if a part is worth putting in your marker. Does it come straight from AGD or made by AGD for another company? i.e. PTP Yes then is good to go. No? Use at your own risk.

I'm running a Stock PF mag with Nitro and I can beat out Angels for ROF. The only after market parts in it are a 2 finger trigger, an Armason Stealth barrel and a ViewLoader eVOlution loader. Revvie wouldn't feed fast enough.

mac2k4
10-02-2001, 02:54 PM
I'm running a Stock PF mag with Nitro and I can beat out Angels for ROF.
yeah i'm sure ya can...

Miscue
10-02-2001, 03:37 PM
AGD is well aware of what aftermarket parts are out. 'IF' there was a way to improve upon the mag, AGD would do it that way. Power spacers for example... AGD originally used a spring, mag users found that spacers worked better. AGD now uses spacers.

Miscue
10-02-2001, 03:52 PM
Side note: The Automag has been a work in progress for several years now, plenty of time for the AGD crew to have it down pat. They know EVERYTHING about the mag from the velocity nut to the barrel tip. For some reason people think they are a screwdriver turn away from improving it.

AGD
10-04-2001, 06:02 PM
The guns we build are actually TESTED for performance when we design them. We have the worlds only existing Gun Dyno that we use extensively to develop our products. By the time you see it in the stores there are very few things that you can do to improve performance WITHOUT reducing reliability. Most modifications do little to really improve the gun but do make it less reliable. Talk to the people here they will tell you of their experiences.

AGD

Tunaman
10-04-2001, 08:55 PM
Straight from the "horses" mouth!