PDA

View Full Version : A great Central Florida field needs help

TheDuelist
04-13-2004, 07:51 PM
I am posting this here with the hopes we attract more players attention in Florida. Mods, if you could, please allow this to remain for a while if you feel this isn't the right place for it.

Ok on to the business end. The following was taken from the website for Showdown paintball in Spring Hill, Florida. I consider this place my home field as does everyone I play paintball with on a regular basis. Mike and Susanlyn run a safe and fun field that caters to the player. I have posted some stuff in AO's meet in greet "Florida peeps step up" but I am trying to reach as many people as possible. Please read the following.

As many of you are already aware, our business is being challenged by Pasco County.

While we have the proper zoning for our business, Pasco County considers our field to be a “Gun Range”. Because of this, they require a separate approval for Conditional Use. We have applied for this Conditional Use Approval. This is an expensive process that entails 2 public hearings. These hearing dates are printed below.We will not know the final outcome until July 31.

We had hoped we would be allowed to stay open while we waited for the outcome. However, the County Zoning Department prefers that we not do so. They have been very kind and professional to us, and we do not want to create an issue that might impact the Commissioners’ decision regarding our application.

So, effective immediately, we regret to inform you that Showdown Paintball Club is closed. We look forward to this being a temporary situation, and hope to be back up and running in August. Please check our website at www.showdownpaintballclub.com
and press the “UPDATES” button. We will keep in contact with you as best we can. Please call us with any questions you may have at 727-560-6866.

We could use your help!! We need people to sign a petition, (signatures need to be from 18 yrs or older...ask your parents to sign for you.
We really need people to show up at the public hearings held in the Commissioners' Chambers at 7530 Little Rd, New Port Richey. They will be held:
June 9 at 1:30 PM
July 13 at 6:30 PM
If you have not signed our petition yet, or if you are willing to attend a public hearing, please call us, or email us through the Main Website. The positive impact we make at the hearings is critical to our being approved.

Remember that even if you are a fan of another paintball field, this may affect other fields as time goes on. If you love paintball, no matter which field you play at....consider taking an active role in supporting the Sport. There's plenty of room for all of the fields.

Please don’t give up on us! Please help us through this tough time.

UPDATE!!!!!! YBN Paintball, another field in Pasco has also been red-flagged. Our sport is in grave danger in Pasco County.

Susanlyn and Mike
www.showdownpaintball.com

Lee
04-13-2004, 10:24 PM
as you know chris, i'm in.

c'mon ao florida...step up for these great people and an awesome field.

RRfireblade
04-13-2004, 10:43 PM
I'll gladly mail in a signed petition if one of y'all will send me one.I don't think I'll be able to make the drive over from the East coast here.

LMK,

Jay.