PDA

View Full Version : omen any good?

Buff
04-13-2004, 08:58 PM
well? Is the omen a good cheap electro?
good things?
bad things?
and please dont say "it sucks, buy a timmy"......

tyrion2323
04-13-2004, 09:32 PM
YES, the Omen is fantastic. It's phenomenal, and I absolutely love mine!

- It never chops. The cam feed is set up so that whenever the bolt moves, a ball is FULLY LOADED into the breech before the marker fires. Simple as that.

- It's fast enough for you, old man* :D It's currently pre-capped at 15 balls per second, but there is a PDP modification which allows for it to be capped at 25bps.

- It's simple and easy to maintain. It's basically a closed-bolt Spyder, and it's super simple to maintain and take care of.

- Adjusting it is easy. Just chrono in and then adjust the recocking screw until you can recock consistently.

- There are many test parts coming out. I'm working with Fear Factory to get some great parts (can't really say much now) for the Omen. Let me tell you that these parts would be phenomenal additions to the marker. They're all pretty small too...nothing too big to upgrade.

- STOCK: Delrin bolt, Detonator regulator, Evil Drive barrel.

Here is a video of me using my omen...just so that you can get an idea of it in the game. I'm not a speed shooter (I average 10bps usually) but the Omen is easy to rail on! I topped out at 14bps once, but I usually don't hit that in a game.

Omen [in-game] (http://www.elementpaintball.us/movies/Jacob%20making%20moves.WMV)

Okay, hope I helped you! Contact me via Email (JL3318@hws.edu) or AIM (Kugleman)
for more information!

*Quote from Star Wars

Buff
04-13-2004, 09:34 PM
- It's fast enough for you, old man*

:D
I am 18.....

tyrion2323
04-13-2004, 09:37 PM
(star wars :D )

Buff
04-13-2004, 09:42 PM
oooo
lol
I remember....
"If its a fast ship..."

but 14bps aint that much really. I currently have a G3 ProTS(piranha) with an eforce frame and pd ace system, got it up to about 18bps with a modded switch:D
can the trig be modded for faster firing?

tyrion2323
04-13-2004, 09:49 PM
You can get an upgrade. If you actually think about it...14bps IS quite a bit. It's just been dulled down due to people who claim to sustain firing strings of 20...

but yes, it can be modded. No offense, but I'm guessing that your Pirahna isn't going to match the Omen, just because the omen has some features which the pirahna doesn' thave (reg, delrin bolt, adjustable recock, mech-anti-chop)