PDA

View Full Version : Paintball on TV yet again- "According to Jim"

StickFigurSicide
04-13-2004, 08:59 PM
I just witnessed a travesty. A show on channel 7 (I think) portrayed paintball in a horrible fashion. Cheap hardware goggles instead of masks, shooting on feild with masks off, intentional shooting of male genitalia...it goes on and on.

The feild they played on did look pretty chill, however. And there were some humerous aspects- namely the chuncky guy with 30+ pods strapped to his body.

Anyway...this might be worste than the bud commercial.

Ov3rmind
04-13-2004, 09:12 PM
This is surely a sign of the Apocalypse.

kdub
04-13-2004, 09:39 PM
The ghillie suit was kinda humerous, but overall, was very dissapointing. Not only the mentioned above but tons of overshoot as well. Yet again, more bad rep. It never fails.

teufelhunden
04-13-2004, 10:16 PM
Yeah, paintball's image isn't going to change because of one segment on TV.

Stop caring, nobody else does.

tony3
04-13-2004, 10:19 PM
They'll probably ban paintball now:rolleyes:

abrewin450
04-13-2004, 11:17 PM
I just watched that show tonight:) it was alright

la690
04-15-2004, 12:05 PM
thats an old repeat. but anyways, think about it this way.. if someone who has never played before saw that, do you think it would be more likely for them to condemn the sport from one sit-com or say "hey that looks cool", do some research, like goin online or to a local field, and finding out how it is really played? i'd bet on the later.

paintphreak01
04-15-2004, 02:04 PM
its amazing how one incident can turn so many people away from paintball. one of my friends was shot on the forehead during an arguement. the kid walked away, and the other kid ment to shoot him in the back of the head, but he turned around and caught a ball to the face. the next day, he came to school, and the teachers were all over him. it soon became a big ordeal between the teachers, and the kids who were at the scene when it happened, taking sides for their friend. teachers being teachers, soon wrote out letters and sent them out to the parents. now i cant say that all of the kids gave the letters to their parents, but still there are some kids who are abusing the game too much, and give paintball a bad name.

There was an article on this, not really an article but a person sent in their opinion about vandalism of such sort, and at the end they said..... "just because someone is beat by a baseball bat dosen't give baseball a bad name does it? no of course it dosent....just wish it was the same war for paintball