PDA

View Full Version : Playing with Music...Improve Your Game?

mjs1217
04-13-2004, 10:11 PM
I recently have started boxing (beginner's league), and I noticed during training one day that fast paces music like Techno or Trance helps. It sort of sets me to a rhythum, and I get into a groove sort of.

So, I was thinking, what if this was applied to paintball? Like, during a game you would just get a loud stereo and play techno music loud enough so the entire field can hear it? Anyone ever try it?

Thoughts, opinions anyone?

Thanks,
-mjs

yaddatrance
04-13-2004, 10:24 PM
Heh, it better be a good system... I'd be pretty
aggravated if they played on tinny speakers, or
even those crappy PA horns... Worse, they'd choose
Britney or something like that.

ramennoodles
04-13-2004, 10:39 PM
thought of this before (you could do it on a car system backed up to the field) but i wouldn't like it, you can't communicate with your team. i like listening to it right before i play though.

jayloo
04-13-2004, 10:42 PM
I prefer to play without music. I like to hear the footsteps and the paint in pods bouncing around so u know someone is coming. It is subtle but sometimes it works.

Miscue
04-13-2004, 10:44 PM
I drive faster and more aggressive when I listen to RATM... :p

Halliday
04-13-2004, 10:58 PM
I wouldn't paly with music, but I do play video games. Paintball helps me keep my edge for gaming, and vicea versa.

I have found that if I played paintball well earlier that day, I kick tail that night online :)

No sKiLLz
04-15-2004, 11:57 AM
Techno? How about some NWA?

GT
04-15-2004, 12:31 PM
local feild I play at has music on the feild. sux cause its so loud some of my girly silent teamates are hardly audible.

I rock mad beat at home while playing vid games

nospmas311
04-15-2004, 01:54 PM
I drive faster and more aggressive when I listen to RATM... :p
Rage agains the machine rules

Tyger
04-15-2004, 02:03 PM
Played indoor with music, its kinda cool as a one-time thing. I've played one outdoor event that ran speakers into the field and played music too, but for the most part I prefer to let the play do the talking.

But I'm weird like that.

-Tyger

Chris42050
04-15-2004, 04:56 PM
I prefer to play without music. I like to hear the footsteps and the paint in pods bouncing around so u know someone is coming. It is subtle but sometimes it works.
I like listening for people reloading and catching them offgaurd.

Sir_Brass
04-15-2004, 07:57 PM
I wouldn't be able to play WHILE listening to music, however, I find I always play better if I've been listening to some pump-up music before while I'm driving to the field, or setting up in the staging area. I prefer to listen to stuff like old school Metallica, Pillar, Skillet, 12 Stone, etc. to get me pumped up.

Call me a metal head, but it's gotta be hard rock, metal, or heavy metal to get me pumped :D.