PDA

View Full Version : New MAG Rumors!!

flankOmatic
10-02-2001, 10:04 AM
I heard AGD was coming out with a new mag in a month or two, that prices would drastically drop on existing mags. The entirely new mag would accept Cocker barrels. I heard this from a shop that has close ties with AGD. Can anyone else add to this rumorville?

flankOmatic
10-02-2001, 10:32 AM
Adding credibility to this rumor are the gradual price drops on the Mags. I'll see if I can get some more info.

Miscue
10-02-2001, 10:39 AM
I don't think so.

ben_JD
10-02-2001, 11:10 AM
I can't really comment on the rumor, but according to PaintballGear's most recent mass mailing (yesterday), AGD itself has slashed the prices on Automag Classics. I don't know if this is true, but that's what they claim.

krafty
10-02-2001, 11:17 AM
Tom said (somewhere on here) that they WILL be adjusting their prices, and the Christmas season should be very interesting.

Xzion
10-02-2001, 11:19 AM
He was probably referring to the E-Mag Xtreme Modular bodies, from AGDE, check it out here:

Airgun Designs Europe E-Mag Xtreme (http://www.airgun.com/Europe/Xtreme.html)

flankOmatic
10-02-2001, 11:38 AM
That's how one of the techs at the shop described it to me. All aluminum body, more modular, able to accept cocker barrels.

Will this model be available in non-electro versions?

Man it looks sweeet!

ben_JD
10-02-2001, 11:41 AM
Is the purpose of the aluminum body to be lighter? I can see getting it if it is that much lighter, but I think it is much less visually appealing than the current E-Mag.

BlackVCG
10-02-2001, 11:54 AM
The purpose of the aluminum body is to give people what they want. That would be a mainbody they can mill and cocker barrels. It's aluminum so you can anodize it in any way you want to, which adds to amount you can customize your E-Mag. The interchangeable breech inserts are an added bonus to the design. As for weight, it's not much lighter unless you mill off a lot of the excess material.

stormdancer88
10-02-2001, 12:14 PM
I would even go so far as to say it isn't a rumor. They have the model listed on the AGD site, with pictures even. The body is made from aluminum or some light weight SFL like material, it has exchangeable feed so you can run with top feed or warp feed through the side (thank goodness done with the plastic powerfeeds), and new screw in barrels that autocockers take! Yippee. Not only that but by the pictures field cleaning should be a breeze. Unscrew the barrel 2 or 3 turns, grab your hopper, turn the gun over, run a squegee from there and out your barrel and Bam, your done. Pop back on the hopper, twist the barrel, rock their world. :) Have fun, I know I will be getting one as soon as i can afford it!

AkaEnder
10-02-2001, 01:09 PM
will the new body fits current emags, for those that want to upgrade to the new style?

Arturus
10-02-2001, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by AkaEnder
will the new body fits current emags, for those that want to upgrade to the new style?

I know that you can retro fit it to an RT Pro... There's more information on the board, so you can do a search and you'll find all the answers you want. I can't remember at the moment if it'll fit on to the other mags... *getting old*

Gunga
10-02-2001, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by ben_JD
Is the purpose of the aluminum body to be lighter? I can see getting it if it is that much lighter, but I think it is much less visually appealing than the current E-Mag.

AGD's going to continue to make the regular Emag when the Emag Extreme comes out. I asked Tom about that myself at the pig roast at Bad Boyz Toyz a few weeks ago. I too like the standard Emag look better than the Extreme. The changeable breech style is nice, but I figure that I'd stick with whichever style I would buy in the first place, most likely the warp version. So if I'm going to stay with one particular breech/feed interface style, why bother paying the extra $$ for the Extreme?

Also, if I remember correctly, the modular bodies are usable on the current 'standard' Emags...and Minimags & Automags for that matter. It's just a matter of availability and $$. Though I would assume that most of the early modular body production would be dedicated to new guns, rather than as replacement bodies.

Mr. Hick
10-02-2001, 03:18 PM
i know that some priced have been droping and all the local sites i have been too have had sales on all types of mags. i am probably going to by a standard feed for only 200 bucks. thats cheap.

SyKoTiC
10-02-2001, 07:22 PM
i saw a review of a new mag in a paintball magizine that took cocker barrels but that was because it was based off of the z-body.

flankOmatic
10-03-2001, 04:27 PM
I talked to a guy from AGD (who will remain anonymous), he said that there would be a lagg between Europe and here for production. To look for the start of Extreme RT here in the states after the World Championships.

He mentioned that the feed rate was improved with the new power feed configuration. The weight differencial was not significant between the new body and old. The internals were all the same as well.

So basically you get a Mag that is more modular and easier and less expensive to upgrade.

flankOmatic
10-03-2001, 09:20 PM
Does anyone know why AGD Europe has this out first? What's the relationship between AGD America and AGD Europe? The WEB site of AGD Europe says the AGD Extreme RT has been out since August. Was the research and development done at the European shops?

cheers and thanks for clearing up the rumors!

Xzion
10-03-2001, 11:48 PM
the Xtreme bodies were designed, by AGDE, which is why there arent many in North America yet... seems like your only option is to either order one from across the pond, or be patient.

flankOmatic
10-06-2001, 10:05 AM
The new extreme sells for 750 pounds, given the exchange rate that means about 1000$. This is for the electro version, does anyone know if this gun will come out in non electro and how much it will be?

X-Plosive
10-06-2001, 10:54 AM
Well as far as I know the E-mag extreme is just an ALUMINUM body with cocker threads and interchanging MODULES. There is a vert feed module and a side feed designed for the warp. If you don't like the modular bodies I think TK is still working on the trap door feed for the original e-mag body. Here is a picture of a PROTOTYPE trap door feed. Go easy on it because it would not look anything like that in the production model. Yes, the valve has been erased and eventually the delrin will probably be replaced with aluminum and annodized.

flankOmatic
10-09-2001, 03:27 PM
I wish more info were coming from AGD other than the rumorville.

Will the emag extreme be made here?

When will the trap door version be offered?

Will all future mags work off of cocker threaded barrels?

too many questions...

bornl33t
10-09-2001, 06:17 PM
In the past I've heard Tom talk about a UL mag... Ultra light, also the new minimag should be here by X-mas.

What changes will they have is in the air though. KNowing AGD though, they listen to us here at AO and follow our demands. I hear alot of ppl screming for cocker thread, warp feeds, aluminum/titanium bodies...I'm shure well see some of these in the near future...

AGD
10-10-2001, 02:02 AM
Boy, I have over 1000 posts trying to get the info out but you guys still want more!!

I wish more info were coming from AGD other than the rumorville.

** Ask here, we don't do rumors

Will the emag extreme be made here?
** Yes eventually, just not the first batch

When will the trap door version be offered?
** Still under development but its on the back burner because of the Xtreme

Will all future mags work off of cocker threaded barrels?
** Not all but we will have an alum. body with cocker threads about beginnig of the year.

too many questions..
** I agree :)

Panzerr
10-10-2001, 07:43 AM
I'm really excited for the aluminum body. I always wished that AGD would come out with a body that you could have customized. Before, a Mag was pretty much just a Mag, but now you can have them milled, anodized, laser engraved...all the fun stuff. The fact that they are lighter is also very appealing. Who the heck needs an angel? Not me.

flankOmatic
10-10-2001, 12:26 PM
Hello,

I'm very impressed that el jefe from AGD would reply himself. I am not a AirGun Design Mag owner yet but look forward to becoming one when the Extreme comes out. It says alot about a company when their own president takes the time to answer sometimes inane or insane questions on a public forum. I'm very eager to purchase an Extreme and will be bugging my local shop for the earliest shipment dates.

kudos!