PDA

View Full Version : dragun the one kit

phantomhitman
04-15-2004, 08:52 AM
A friend of mine approached me today at work with his spyder in hand and he said "what can I do to make it faster?!". I backed away at first and then ran to ao, but ao was down :p
He has a spyder imagine and the best thing I could tell him to do for the money was to get a dragun the one kit. But will this fit? I noticed a few sites said that the kit will NOT work with spyder bodies that have fatty striker bodies. I have no clue what this means, ao help me help a spyderman. Thanks for any info.
On a side note he will be getting a compressed air system and a egg or halob to keep up.

Banshee23
04-15-2004, 09:29 AM
Don't worry, the Imagine has a thin striker so it'll work just fine with the ONE kit

phantomhitman
04-15-2004, 09:32 AM
thanks banshee!!!
would this kit work the mech compact 2000 spyder? after checking this kit out i am interested in throwing a spyder together with it on it.

TheTramp
04-15-2004, 09:51 AM
I'm not sure if the compact 2000 is a thin striker. I think it is.

The One kit is the best thing you can do to a mechanical Spyder IMHO.

The benifits aren't quite as straight forward when you have a E-frame Spyder that already has a regulator etc.

I've got the kit in a standard Dragun body and I think it's great. REALLY fast and with the Intimidator JAM bolt/Halo combination it doesn't chop.

phantomhitman
04-15-2004, 09:59 AM
thanks tramp. i looked everwhere for a site that lists what it is compatible with but couldnt find one. can any spyder fans here tell me where to look such as a helpful spyder forum or site?
i want to buy a coworkers old compact 2000 and throw the kit in it just to play

TheTramp
04-15-2004, 10:12 AM
can any spyder fans here tell me where to look such as a helpful spyder forum or site?

This is a great forum for Spyders and Spyder clones.

It's not a huge forum but the guys on there know everything there is to know about fixing and modifing Spyders.

http://www.spyderzone.net/

phantomhitman
04-15-2004, 04:36 PM
up for the afternoon

Thermus
04-15-2004, 05:07 PM
Its ridiculous to spend that much on a spyder. If hes got that much money for upgrades, he should buy a new marker.

TheTramp
04-15-2004, 05:34 PM
Its ridiculous to spend that much on a spyder. If hes got that much money for upgrades, he should buy a new marker.

He's looking for help here. Not uneducated criticism.

I guess building a $250 marker that can compete with $1000 guns is a waste…oh wait, no it isn’t. :rolleyes:

The One kit costs $185. Please tell us all about the marker he can get for that price that will compete with Imps, Timmys, E-Mags, etc.

phantomhitman
04-15-2004, 05:34 PM
what fast marker can you get for $250?! like i said, he wants it and I really do not see anything else that fast for that cheap. even the pirahna evo with eyes and the dragun the one are around $350. let me know so i can let him know?! :confused:

Joni
04-15-2004, 06:10 PM
I haven't tried the one kit myself, but it seems like a lot of bang for the bucks. I'm almost positive it will fit a compact (long time since I held one in my hands), but compare with the imagine. If the striker looks the same, it will fit.

Buff
04-15-2004, 06:19 PM
even the pirahna evo with eyes and the dragun the one are around $350

$250 for the EVO ;)

kenndogg
04-15-2004, 06:28 PM
for under a $100 you could get a lighter microswitch (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=359002) and a T-board (http://www.scenariodreams.com/t-board.htm) you could have a very fast spyder at half the price of The One kit.

Thermus
04-15-2004, 06:45 PM
I'm not trying to stop anyone from buying it, its just a ridiculously large amount of money to put into a spyder. He's probably got a few other upgrades on his imagine, and if he sold his imagine and the ups, He could probably have 300-400 dollars. BKOs, used cockers, used impulses, used mags, etc. would better compete with impulses, timmys, and the like.

If he hasn't upgraded his imagine much, then buy a new marker before pumping tons of money into it and realizing it just doesn't hack it. I have had experience with this myself.

Meph
04-15-2004, 07:05 PM
what fast marker can you get for $250

Tippmann 98Custom with RT will be a bit cheaper than that even. "Oh it's not tourney legal" well good thing most people with Tippmanns play woodsball and Scenarios where they won't have to worry about that.

BKO's used to be around the 250 range, now it's closer to 300. The Piranha Evo are decent performance for the $. Dragun TES is in this ballpark too.

But of course it still comes down to the "you get what you pay for" cliche.

phantomhitman
04-15-2004, 08:04 PM
this guy came to me for help. i looked up parts and pieces but nothing compared to the one kit. I will tell him to look into the pirahna evo with eyes, and the dragun the one. He used to have a tippman 98 but the gun had internal issues and he took it back to the store. He picked out the imagine as his replacement. But as always people want it faster, bigger, and better. This guy is new I do not want him to have to deal with the buying a gun used issue, figuring out what all of the adjustments do issues, and different parts for these markers. he is not a tourney player but he wants a fast gun.
kenndogg i sent you a pm

TheTramp
04-15-2004, 08:13 PM
for under a $100 you could get a lighter microswitch (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=359002) and a T-board (http://www.scenariodreams.com/t-board.htm) you could have a very fast spyder at half the price of The One kit.

I agree. The Imagine has an e-frame right? The One kit isn't as big an upgrade if you already have something better than a mechanical gun.

The Compact 2000 that was mentioned is the gun I think would be great for The One kit.

phantomhitman
04-15-2004, 08:28 PM
the iamgine has an eframe. i am interested in the compact 2000 as a little side gun to screw around with. i should know tomorrow, he is bringing it in to work.

1ofkind
04-15-2004, 09:03 PM
13 bps is fine, tell your friend he doesn't need to worry about 20 bps unless hes going into nppl events. I loved my spyder flash, I miss it, but I did what I had to do. One of these days it will come back home! :( Its the player not the gun, always remember that and belive it. Olny rich little brats or noobs would think other wise.

Thermus
04-15-2004, 09:17 PM
Just to add, the best thing I ever did to my spyder was add an IS switch. They are amazing, and cost 10 bucks. All you have to do is add it to the frame, and do some pen spring modding, and you'll be hitting the 13 BPS cap like its your job.

phantomhitman
04-15-2004, 09:32 PM
ill try to talk to him. i think i can install the is switch for him, i have already read up on it. ill just tell him to get a blade trigger, the switch, and a nice hpa tank. If he starts outshooting the board then I will look into the board upgrade. thanks for the help everyone, I am sure he will appreciate it.

Thermus
04-15-2004, 10:31 PM
Thats definately the right thing to do. HPA is the most expensive thing there, and that can be carried over the his next marker.

Just make sure you do a spring job for him as well, or have him to a spring job for himself. I frequently had my IS switch fire by accident on me, once in game I shot my teamate in the back because of it from about 3 feet away (oops). It would often shoot when I was running. Just take a pen spring, flatten it out, and try to have it put just enough pressure to make sure it doesn't fire automatically and doesn't hinder the lightness of the pull much. It took me about 30 minutes to get that the exact way I wanted it.

baka
04-15-2004, 11:42 PM
i just got my the One marker and i love it, i got it used and it has a modded switch that is so light, it takes like 3pennies to set it off( instuctions here (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=399023) , if ya need them), this thing rips, and i put a delrin bolt in it and has a tiny amount of kick now. I would say to tell your friend to sell his spyder and get the One marker, or get the one kit, b/c they do have much less kick then a normal blowback and there boards are very nice, and you also get a set of eye's w/ the One marker that aren't bad at all.(mines capped at 30bps, i think tes's are capped at 20). I'd go for the One marker.

Gabriel
04-16-2004, 07:20 AM

Ok, youre not smart, are you? The stack-tube blowback design is one of the fastest cycling paintgun designs in the world. Just so you know.

However, for cost-effectiveness get the one kit. For pure speed, upgrade the internals, a high-flowing valve, lighter hammer, blah blah blah. Then get an electro frame and an uncapped board. No worries mate!

robdamanii
04-16-2004, 07:50 AM
The One kit basically makes your spyder into a BKO, NOT a timmy. It doesn't include a 14 way..it uses a spring return like the BKO. That mechanically limits it to about 21, 22 BPS.

To be honest, you'd get better performance out of an IS switch, new board with eyes, reg, valve, and a few quick home mods for a few bucks less.

Plus you have the satisfaction of having a more unique marker, rather than dropping in a kit.

If you want my suggestions:
IS switch and board with eye install = $90
AA Vigilante reg = $60
Maddman Rocket Valve = $30
Polish your internals and mod your bolt = $5
Drill out your VA = $free

For 185 bucks, you'll have something that will be just as good as the One kit. The ONLY advantage of the One is that it makes the marker a BKOish marker. I'd keep the fast cycing of the blowback and just toss in a new board and some upgrades.

1ofkind
04-17-2004, 03:22 PM
When I used mine I was shooting 11-13 bps very consistancely, olny prob was i had 2 put 2 0-rings on the barrel to keep it from falling out lol.

Reccomened upgrades are halo (eggy2 if you really cant offord it), j&j ceramic 12 inch, and a 88ci HPA and a long drop, my favorite if physco balistics, and a very light bolt, maybe one of these new after market ones like the evil, or socktech bolt for spyders. Wit that set up you'll be pooping your pants on the field lol.

tonybhall
04-17-2004, 09:00 PM
My little bro. has an imagine. Where is the best place to get upgrade and mod idieas?

robdamanii
04-17-2004, 09:07 PM
What does he want to do with it?

Xyxyll
04-17-2004, 09:28 PM
I'm not trying to stop anyone from buying it, its just a ridiculously large amount of money to put into a spyder. He's probably got a few other upgrades on his imagine, and if he sold his imagine and the ups, He could probably have 300-400 dollars. BKOs, used cockers, used impulses, used mags, etc. would better compete with impulses, timmys, and the like.

If he hasn't upgraded his imagine much, then buy a new marker before pumping tons of money into it and realizing it just doesn't hack it. I have had experience with this myself.

I have to disagree. First off, the The One kit is a huge bang for your buck. It's doesn't just make it faster. It is the perfect upgrade package. It comes with everything you need to have a good competition marker aswell as come with a drop forward and ASA.

What makes putting money into a Spyder worse than putting money into any other gun? I mean come on... a Spyder puts the same paintball in the air at the same velocity than any other marker. Everybody treats blowbacks or "sear-trippers" like worthless POS's, when infact there is nothing wrong with their design. (not saying you were implying all of that Thermus, but it's just really erking me!)

Yes, the one kit will fit the Compact 2000. I'm very sure that the Compact 2000 is a slim-strikered Spyder.

As for the Imagine, it will fit fine. Like others have suggested. Another option would be the IS switch and/or one of the current uncapped board options. Since he already has an IPI frame on his Imagine, he may feel more comfortable with the IS switch/board.

Um... I'm distracted now, so I guess that's enough info for now. If you have anymore questions, you can catch me on the automag chat and the spyderchat.

phantomhitman
04-17-2004, 10:10 PM
thanks again to everyone that has helped. the spyder i was going to pick up at work it not usable with the one kit. i will let the guy at work know he can use the one kit. he will be insanely happy. thanks again!!! :D

tonybhall
04-18-2004, 09:32 AM
Hey ROb,

Not sure, just wanted to know what all is available to be done.

Thanks,

Xyxyll
04-18-2004, 11:39 AM
http://www.carbineshornet.com/images/hornetvid.wmv

:eek: :eek: :eek: :D

robdamanii
04-18-2004, 04:08 PM
Hey ROb,

Not sure, just wanted to know what all is available to be done.

Thanks,

You can upgrade every part on the marker.

Lighter hammers, high flow valves and VAs, regulators, bolts, board and eyes, clamping feednecks, drop forwards/rails...

Just name what you want to do with it and it's possible.

1ofkind
04-21-2004, 07:59 PM
CAnt he save up for a sweet cobra paintball angel? (not wdp)

phantomhitman
04-21-2004, 11:07 PM
so far my coworker has purchased a few "upgrades". He is leaning between the one kit and sending it in the nero to be eyes, boarded, and switched. He bought a blade trigger, dye stickies, and a better feedneck. He is looking at eggs and a hpa tank now. thanks for the ehlp everyone, i will keep this updated for other people to gain some spyder knowledge.

NGp8ball
04-22-2004, 09:28 AM
id probably go with neros board and an iz switch. and its considerably cheaper, including the cost to get eyes installed.

1ofkind
04-22-2004, 02:06 PM
Its a spyder, 13 bps. A halo should keep you chop free, not a eggy though. I did chop when I shot very long strings. Its a spyder, its cheap, and ment 2 be don't get carried away!

TheTramp
04-22-2004, 02:21 PM
Its a spyder, 13 bps. A halo should keep you chop free, not a eggy though. I did chop when I shot very long strings. Its a spyder, its cheap, and ment 2 be don't get carried away!

The One kit or either of the two new boards will easily get you going faster than 13bps. Especialy if you install a 50g switch.

I do agree that a Halo should be able to keep up. Of course eyes or a JAM bolt can't hurt.

1ofkind
04-22-2004, 07:16 PM
Yeah but I think you waisting your money after that point, the gun operates on about 800 psi - 600. Your going to chop, and when you do its still guna take 3 guys to recock it lol. Also I think It would fall apart, the spyder was ment to be no more than 13 bps, Its pretty redicilous how it recoils as it is.

Your looking to spend that much buy a sweet gun for 500$ that you'll want to sleep with for a week.

1ofkind
04-22-2004, 07:17 PM
Oh and anything from dragun is garbage also, I'm glad I sold my autococking gun.

TheTramp
04-23-2004, 09:23 AM
Oh and anything from dragun is garbage also, I'm glad I sold my autococking gun.

Right, good argument. :rolleyes:

My Dragun stuff is well made, works prefectly and runs at 250psi. It's got more recoil than a Timmy or high-end Cocker but it also doesn't cost $1200.

robdamanii
04-23-2004, 10:49 AM
As was stated before:

IS board and switch, with eyes.
AA vigilante
CP one piece barrel
Spring Kit
Nice blade trigger

You'll be doing just fine with that setup for about 35-50 bucks less (depending on where you shop) and still be just as good as the One, if not better.

phantomhitman
04-23-2004, 03:23 PM
i think my man will be going with nero on this one. he has tried to order some dye sticky e grips, the check it blade trigger, and a check it adjustable feedneck but everything is out of stock. For $90 nero can put eyes, faster board, and a lighter switch in it. He would need a halo to keep up, as well as a hpa tank. but you gotta pay to play.