PDA

View Full Version : ule rail milling for AM/MM rails

azzkikr
04-15-2004, 09:30 AM
hey guys i'm trying to find some really good pics of an AM/MM or therwise know as stock rail. what it is i'm trying to do my own just for kicks but i would like some rather detailed pics, high res preferably, but anything will be aperciated.

also anyone who have done this before, have you exirienced any rusting or things like that?

thanks AZZKIKR

ps, i tried the search thing and it didn't work, so stay away seach nazies

Chronobreak
04-15-2004, 09:45 AM
u just want ur rail ule milled and u want to do it urself? WHY!! roguefactor here on ao will do it and i believe coolhand or nicad or few others might too

FreakBaller12
04-15-2004, 10:20 AM
if you want a custom design, jsut buy a AM/MM rail and then mill that shiz out of it, you'll more than likely fail at making your own rail.

azzkikr
04-15-2004, 10:35 AM
well its more like a project mag, i wan't to be able to at the end say that i did it all myself. and i have a two friends that have mills and I should have acces to one of them. and in all honesty it doesn't look that complicated and i'm not shooting for thousands of an inch type measurements. i just want to experiment a little yet not mess it up. i would like the pics to have a good idea wher is it safe to take off material and how much.

thanks AZZKIKR

Prezents
04-15-2004, 10:36 AM
Here is a pict of my wife's mag with a logic rail
http://lewistown.net/~prezents/markers/cinmag9.jpg

GT
04-15-2004, 12:23 PM
have you exirienced any rusting or things like that?

I am kinda lost as to what the heck you are talking about? all rails are Al so....

azzkikr
04-16-2004, 11:10 AM
well my bad, had a brain fart for a sec there

anyways, thanks for the pic prezents.

come on guys, surely someone here has a pic of where they have milled the am/mm rail to look like the AGD ule rail for the rtp/emag.

i just one a top view of a pocketed out am/mm rail.

thanks
and let the pic come guys

later AZZKIKR

GT
04-16-2004, 02:54 PM
well my bad, had a brain fart for a sec there

anyways, thanks for the pic prezents.

come on guys, surely someone here has a pic of where they have milled the am/mm rail to look like the AGD ule rail for the rtp/emag.

i just one a top view of a pocketed out am/mm rail.

thanks
and let the pic come guys

later AZZKIKR

try the search button. rogue has had a few threads with pics on this topic

Bulldog
04-16-2004, 02:58 PM
Yep, look in your other thread, I posted a link to a search. Has pics of Rogues milling.

Bad_Knees
04-16-2004, 03:01 PM
BlackVCG also mills rails.

robertjuric
04-16-2004, 04:31 PM
...and i'm not shooting for thousands of an inch type measurements. ...
thanks AZZKIKR

Well you should if you want it to work correctly. :p