PDA

View Full Version : Greetings all

Croァァナre
10-02-2001, 12:19 PM
Hi guys,

I've been playing with a micromag RT for around three years now. Now I'm buying a E-Mag but which one would you recomend? The micro e-mag or the e-mag I'm sponsered by a J&J Barrels so barrels don't mean much to me.

Thanks and have a great day.

krafty
10-02-2001, 12:28 PM
Do a search for micro emag here on the board. There have been one or two people who have had some major problems with them being milled out-of-spec. Personally, I'd say get a regular emag, or if you want something lighter, wait for the modular bodies to hit the market.

skipdogg
10-02-2001, 12:32 PM
Welcome to AO! It's nice to have another new member.

I would also recomend the E-Mag. I dont like other people modifying my Mags.

tooslow
10-02-2001, 12:34 PM
Welcome to the board. I'm fairly new here myself and I can tell you that these guys have been nothing but helpful.

BTW where in Canada are you? I'm starting to notice that there are quite a few of us Canucks on this forum.

Croァァナre
10-02-2001, 12:49 PM
Hey thanks for the warm responses guys. I'm going to probably wait for the newer light weight emags to come out.

cphilip
10-02-2001, 12:49 PM
Yea! whats up with that! eH? ;)

Welcome member number 2574!

Thordic
10-02-2001, 01:16 PM
Send a PM to Russ and ask him what he thinks of ProTeam and thier MicroEmags :)

Croァァナre
10-02-2001, 01:30 PM
Thanks guys um me being a little new here. I don't know who Russ is. :(

Thordic
10-02-2001, 01:43 PM
Thats his name on here, just send him a PM :) Or do a search, if you'd rather not look him up.

Croァァナre
10-02-2001, 01:46 PM
Thanks Thordic, I heard Manny from Aftershock is here. What mag does he use?

zvanut
10-02-2001, 01:51 PM
welcome man,
good thing u r using a mag, get a e-mag.

cphilip
10-02-2001, 01:59 PM
How to find a member:

Go near the top of the main page. Find and click on the members button. Then find and click on Advanced Search button. Then type in his/her user name. Should bring it up and maybe a few others that may have parts of his/her name in it to chose from. You should be able to locate his/her email addy link or even PM from there.

Croァァナre
10-02-2001, 01:59 PM
He He you guys respond quite quickly I love this board :D

Arturus
10-02-2001, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Croァァナre
He He you guys respond quite quickly I love this board :D

Of course we do! We have nothing better to do.. I mean..

I'm kidding guys... really.

cowers :p

Anyhow, welcome to the board Croァァナre!

Russ
10-02-2001, 02:48 PM
The best thing Pro-Team did for me was to replace my eMicro-Mag with an AGD E-Mag. The E-Mag I now have, beautifully anno'd in Tequila Sunrise Fade, has many lightening cuts made throughout the rail and grip frame to reduce weight. The gun also shoots quite well. Pro-Team had "issues" with the design of the eMicro's, and also have a hard time "teching" them correctly. Linda, their sales rep, is real nice people, though.

edit: Welcome to AO!

User
10-02-2001, 03:14 PM
E-Mag definitely! Although I like my E-Micro, I'm anxiously awaiting the AGD modular bodies for the better features and profiling with my Warp. Plus, for the price of an E-Micro, you could probably get an E-Mag AND Warp Feed altogether. The modular bodies will bring about ideas for your own milling designs, so there's no need to go with the E-Micro just for the vertical feed or the milling and anno.

ralicea
10-02-2001, 03:22 PM
I have a Micro EMag and the only problem I have had was a worn spring and I lost the plastic battery pin (which AGD promptly replaced for free).

It is true that some of the Micro EMags have had problems, but I would not brand all of the Micro EMags as problematic.

Ultimately it will be a personal choice you'll have to make.

Good luck and welcome to AO!!

Russ
10-02-2001, 07:31 PM
I'll admit that I get a bit over-zealous with bashing Pro-Team. The reason I bought an eMicro in the first place was a friend has one that has performed flawlessly in the 8 or so months he's had it. Still, it's a real bummer when you fork out big bucks and get a toy that doesn't work right out of the box (bad quality control) and that can't be fixed! The choice (agd) is yours (agd) get whichever one (agd) YOU like. (agd)

edit: the rumors of the bodies being machined out-of-spec are just that, rumors. It is my hypothesis, based on 23 years of toolmaking/machining that the location of the sear/sear pin and plunger rods are incorrect, and the solenoid can't overcome the extra force needed to pull the saer to release the bolt. The sear pin, and the bushing it fits through in the sear were also VERY sloppy in my specimen. Pro-Team modified AGD's design to accomodate the MicroMag bodies.