PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about a Stiffi

mobius
04-15-2004, 08:45 PM
What do you guys know about them? Are they any good? I heard a bunch of hype about these barrels when they first came out, but I've been out of the scene for awhile. I ask, b/c I'm looking at switching to a ULE body, so I'll need something with 'Cocker threads.

Thanks.

SpecialBlend2786
04-16-2004, 01:25 AM
From what I've heard, they are great barrels. Durrable and light. Never shot paint through one though.

i_baked_cookies
04-16-2004, 09:48 PM
i heard they were awesome, and i held one- it weighs almost nothing. there was one guy with a stiffi on his cocker- he was shootin really, really straight. if you get a good bore match, like with most barrels, it will shoot pretty straight. but the special thing about the stiffi is that its made out of carbon fiber, so it isnt affected by temperature fluctuations. i dont really know how metal can fluctuate in temperature, but it does- or that is what Stiffi claims. i only have two things against it- its ugly and its expensive

Snertz
04-16-2004, 10:12 PM
I have one on my Emag, and it's absolutely awsome. Well worth the money (My shop sells them for 90 each :D ) In .689 bore, it shoost great with Evil or any med bore paint, and is pretty much nothing in weight. Damn strong too, after stepping on mine many times, there's still no damage. With the new style front on them, there's no more worry about it cracking or breaking from impacts into bunkers.

More info here: http://www.sitemfg.com/

Might wanna try and get a best of both worlds by getting a freak back and the stiffi tip.

craltal
04-16-2004, 10:24 PM
I have 2 of the "Stiff tips" for my Freak system and they are absolutely awesome. not only are they light as a feather, they are extremely quiet. Last sunday I shot somebody out and nobody on the field other than me and the guy with two shots in the middle of his back knew I had fired.

I highly recommend them. If you are looking for a good price, check out:

http://stores.ebay.com/carbOHnay

and look around, you can usually find one auction out of the batch that is cheaper than the others and is a really good deal.

mobius
04-17-2004, 01:50 AM
Cool. Thanks for the input, guys. I'll probably get a full one, not just a Freak front, since I usually shoot the same paint all the time anyway, especially since I'd need to get a new Freak back, since I'm planning on going with a ULE body, instead of my current Emag one.

Pain For Pleasure
04-17-2004, 05:57 PM
I was probably going to get an Ultralite for my mag soon, but now I am considering one of these. Are they really worth the money? Last I heard, they were over $100. Does anyone know of an online store that sells them?

slushee
04-18-2004, 02:52 AM
Man, I know this is stoopid .. but am I the only one who thinks this threads title is frickin hilarious?!?!?

"Thinking about a Stiffi"

heh ... man I need help :rolleyes:

SpecialBlend2786
04-18-2004, 04:33 AM
hahahaha
nice one slushee

paintballw13
05-05-2004, 05:43 PM
i have the stiffi switch kit its even better then the standard stiffi barrel :eek:

68_Classic
05-05-2004, 05:46 PM
the stiffi barrels are good my friend has one on his impulse omg it is quiet as hell and very accurate

mobius
05-05-2004, 06:18 PM
Man, I know this is stoopid .. but am I the only one who thinks this threads title is frickin hilarious?!?!?

"Thinking about a Stiffi"

heh ... man I need help :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's kinda why I titled it that way... :eek: :D

I got those Naked lady grips by Hybrid, and now my gun needs to get a Stiffi... ;)

68_Classic
05-05-2004, 07:49 PM
Yeah, that's kinda why I titled it that way... :eek: :D

I got those Naked lady grips by Hybrid, and now my gun needs to get a Stiffi... ;)
lmao man that is funny