PDA

View Full Version : Back-up/2nd marker, autococker?

Recon by Fire
04-15-2004, 09:54 PM
Not that my X-mag needs a back-up but I have been looking into getting another marker. I want something that is semi-auto, mechanical, and can run either CO2 or HPA. I also wanted to get something different from what I have owned already. I have pretty much decided to get some form of an autococker. It is also handy as I can use my freak barrel with it. Now, I don't want to dump a ton of cash into this (approx. $500 max) and here are the ones I have been looking at:

PschoBallistics Lightning: a cheaper version of the Dye reflex? Nice price but I am somewhat worried about mixed reviews.

WGP Outkast: pretty solid marker as far as I know, a bit heavy on the chrome though for me.

Dye Reflex: I love the body style on these!

ANS GX-4: Nice reviews, never really seen one though.

Any thoughts? Keep in mind I know jack about 'cockers, so it will be a learning experience for me. These markers don't necessarily have to be knew either as long as I find one in good condition that I like (not much luck finding a new dye reflex anyway).

kenndogg
04-15-2004, 10:31 PM
CCM's Series 5, best bang for the buck period

04-15-2004, 11:23 PM
DYE Pneumatics sux, they aren't consistant and not that reliable compared to WGP ones.

Psychoballistics basically bought the right to make DYE cockers. They also don't come stock with a reg.

Also, with DYE cockers you can't change the bolt.

Outkast is pretty good.

Best bang for your buck IMO is stock 2k3 WGP cockers with CT/Orracle/Bomb 3-way. You don't really need to change everything else if you aren't going eblade

Oh and BUY A COCKER JAM BOLT! No more chops...!

robdamanii
04-16-2004, 08:12 AM
PB cockers have really crappy front pneumatics (leaky ram, ultra finicky reg on a NEW PB cocker).

DYEs are nice, but the pneus are PBBBT.

Outkasts are pretty nice, but you can almost get a mechanical orracle for 500 bucks now, and that requires nothing (except maybe a freeflow ram) to make it kick tail.

Spaceman613
04-16-2004, 08:19 AM
Chipley Machine Series 5 with new 86 degree grip frame. We have one coming in early next week I think.

CCM "cockers" IMO are far better value wise than any other company's.

Cryer
04-16-2004, 08:21 AM
Chipley Machine Series 5 with new 86 degree grip frame. We have one coming in early next week I think.

CCM "cockers" IMO are far better value wise than any other company's.
werd. I'm not much for cockers, but I would get a Chipley's if I were to have to choose. Either that or a eblade FreeFlow. Whatever you got the money for. ;)

FreakBaller12
04-16-2004, 09:37 AM
DYE Pneumatics sux, they aren't consistant and not that reliable compared to WGP ones.

Psychoballistics basically bought the right to make DYE cockers. They also don't come stock with a reg.

Also, with DYE cockers you can't change the bolt.

Outkast is pretty good.

Best bang for your buck IMO is stock 2k3 WGP cockers with CT/Orracle/Bomb 3-way. You don't really need to change everything else if you aren't going eblade

Oh and BUY A COCKER JAM BOLT! No more chops...!

dye cockers you cna change the bolt..but you have to get it milled for a pin :confused: soem guy on AIR does it.

I am pretty sure that DYE stopped making cockers and are concentrating on liek the dm4 and trixxes and such. I forget where i read it, might have been on their site.If you were to get a reflex it would have to be used or find a dealer with like 1 left.

p8nt_junkie
04-16-2004, 10:30 AM
CCM for sure! Absolute best deal on a cocker!