PDA

View Full Version : Halo B on a ULE RTP? Overkill?

EigerZ
04-16-2004, 02:30 PM
I have a couple questions for you experts out there. I will be getting the ULE Custom here soon with a ULT and have a few hopper questions. I have an old Revolution 9V and wonder if I will be outshooting it in a week or 2. A friend of mine has an egg 2 but it seems very cheaply built. He has replaced several lids, battery case is breaking etc -

The HALO B is rated at 23BPS? I know the RTP will shoot that fast "theoretically" but if I get fast, how fast will I really be able to shoot this gun? Will a regular Halo due, or even my old REVVy? Anyone own the RTP? What do you use?

Thanks in advance

Torbo
04-16-2004, 02:38 PM
you should be ok if you get a 12 volt revvy or an empire reloader. You will definatly outshoot a 9 vt rev. Its quite possible to outshoot a 12 vt too, so a halo might be the way to go for you, depending on how fast your fingers are.

kauai_paintball
04-16-2004, 02:38 PM
revvy should be fine, Just upgrade to an Xboard, if you havent already. Ive never seen an RTP that can do 23bps, the fastest mags ive seen are xmags, emags, and the new hair trigger frame on a mag. a ULT can do a good 14(around there, but you cant walk the trigger, probably around 9) bps, so the revvy should work just fine.

dj89
04-16-2004, 02:40 PM
well it depends on how fast you shot,if you have the ult trigger kit,etc.
but i am get in a halo for my x mag and x valve minimag. so yes you can out shot your revvy

TheTramp
04-16-2004, 03:06 PM
After a little practice you will absolutly be able to outshoot a 12V revy let alone a 9V.

If you are going to spend the money to get something faster than a revy you might as well spend the little bit more and get the best. Halo! *IMHO*

RRfireblade
04-16-2004, 03:23 PM
Outshooting a 12v is pretty easy.

A HaloB would be overkill,but still be a good choice.You could also go Egg2 or Rik Apache for a pretty good match up.

personman
04-16-2004, 03:24 PM
I used to outshoot my revy all the time (thank god for level 10), but I got a warp, so problem solved :)

Bulldog
04-16-2004, 03:33 PM
One of the things I really like about the Halo is that if I tilt my gun at a funky angle, I know I'll still have a ball fed. I have a tendancy to do that alot when I'm playing up front. I know with level 10 you won't chop, but you may not get that first critical shot off, instead you chuff.

The Halo is a trade off between weight and loader speed. Decide what is more important to you. You may want to consider a empire reloader too.

EigerZ
04-16-2004, 03:53 PM
Everyone tells me that with the ULE package including intelliframe, this will be one of the lightest guns out there. I hate to put the heaviest hopper out there on top of it...but maybe it doesn't make that much of a difference? I haven't looked at any hoppers but egg's revvy's and halo - I have some connections to get those 3 relatively cheap.

dj89
04-16-2004, 04:27 PM
I haven't looked at any hoppers but egg's revvy's and halo - I have some connections to get those 3 relatively cheap.
can you get me a halo with code z and rip how much? hehe

angelbeast24
04-16-2004, 05:24 PM
back when i owned my classic mag i use to always outshoot my revi and i picked up an egg2 b/c halos are overkill for what ur lookin to do and an egg will work just fine

EigerZ
04-16-2004, 09:33 PM
DJ89 - $120 for HALO B...+shipping to wherever you are.

penguinpunk555
04-16-2004, 09:35 PM
If you will be sweetspotting the beauty you might want a Halo.

cphilip
04-16-2004, 09:47 PM
My kid is definately outshooting a 12V revy with a ULT RTP. Its got a logic frame on it but still... its definately not keeping up under real REAL heavy fire. We are indeed outshooting it. That only takes about 13 bps to do that. We sanded down the neck of one of the Halo B's for it and it's fine now. That is keeping up. So we figure he is hitting around 15 - 17 or so BPS easy.

trevorjk
04-16-2004, 10:34 PM
if you will be able to shoot fast a 12 volt revy will hold up just fine with a 12volt xboard at least it has for me... but if you try going to the medium or largest spring your going to get nothing but chuffs and 2-4 balls coming out of the barrel at once

at least thats the case for me and i am running a tuned level 10 so if your able to fire farely fast 12bps + you should probably get a faster hopper then a revy i know i have to

Raven4000SX
04-17-2004, 03:40 AM
Get yourself a Ricochet Apache. It's still gravity fed but feeds 18 bps. I know because I have one. It's awesome. It's the only agitated loader on the market that will still feed if the batteries die or the board dies. Sure beats a Revvy, activates on every ball and includes a game timer.

http://www.geocities.com/jewie27/Apache.jpg

EigerZ
04-23-2004, 12:29 PM
I took the advice of several on the forum and went with the egg - It was about $50 cheaper than the HALO and I don't think that I will be outshooting it -

Question though for you egg owners - The feed neck seems very tall, has anyone considered cutting it down with a pipe saw or something to drop the hopper down closer to the gun?

Raven4000SX
04-23-2004, 12:35 PM
I took the advice of several on the forum and went with the egg - It was about $50 cheaper than the HALO and I don't think that I will be outshooting it -

Question though for you egg owners - The feed neck seems very tall, has anyone considered cutting it down with a pipe saw or something to drop the hopper down closer to the gun?

It's fugly and is a huge target to shoot at. It doesn't deflect balls.

RRfireblade
04-23-2004, 12:35 PM

Yup, me and many others. It seems to have no ill effects.

On Z boarded Eggs,it actually seems to help in my experience.

Jay.

Z-man
04-23-2004, 12:39 PM
I come,
I see,
I post

http://www.zakvetter.com/Pages/Paintball/Z-mans_AO_Corner/Z-mans_corner_main.html

The RT Pro can outshoot the Revy easy. BUT you need to see how fast YOU shoot it. Just because the gun CAN shoot up to 30bps does not mean that you are ever going to cap 14bps...

Konigballer
04-23-2004, 01:27 PM
damn, zak beat me to linking to his own site! :)

EigerZ
04-23-2004, 03:30 PM
It's fugly and is a huge target to shoot at. It doesn't deflect balls.

Can't you just be happy for me??? That's all I ask:) - You have to admit it should be a little better than my old 9v revvy - and IMO it is dead sexxxa

EigerZ
04-23-2004, 03:31 PM
Yup, me and many others. It seems to have no ill effects.

On Z boarded Eggs,it actually seems to help in my experience.

Jay.

Did you just use a pipe saw or something more specialized?

trex
04-24-2004, 09:25 PM
A pipe saw will work just fine. You definitely made a mistake going with the evvy II though. I have one and have broken shells (left and right), the battery door twice, and the hopper lid 3 times. You can get replacement parts at dropzonepaintball.com, trust me you will need them!

trex

~WarpedRT#2~
04-24-2004, 09:41 PM
Get yourself a Ricochet Apache. It's still gravity fed but feeds 18 bps. I know because I have one. It's awesome. It's the only agitated loader on the market that will still feed if the batteries die or the board dies. Sure beats a Revvy, activates on every ball and includes a game timer.

http://www.geocities.com/jewie27/Apache.jpg

You forgot about the rip drive for Halos. And I really dont know anyone who uses the game timer on an Rico/ Also, the shot counter isnt accurate at all.

Brett23
04-25-2004, 04:55 AM
Lol ain't that the truth about the shot counter on the rico's. Anyways go ahead and cut your eggs neck. Most ppl in my experience do. shortens up your profile a little. Makes it look better too.