PDA

View Full Version : RT pro Vert Adaptor

SoYo-MoFo
04-16-2004, 07:16 PM
I am trying to look for a new foregrip for my RT pro, but it seems that all the vert adaptors and foregrips are dovetailed to fit only AM/MM rails...what's the deal? Or am I mistaken???

robertjuric
04-16-2004, 07:45 PM
Most are because before now the dovetail'd rail was the most common. But AGD is phasing out the dovetailed rails, or so I've heard.

But if you're brave enough, you can shave down the dovetails on the VA or foregrip. I've done it to my RogueGrip so I can put it on an emag rail. I used a Dremel w/ some kind of bit that was made out of aluminum, in a the shape of a cylinder, it looks like something maybe used for cutting wood though. I tried a bunch of other bits, but they all would get the aluminum embedded in them somehow(maybe it was getting to hot), but with this bit I didn't have any trouble.

What I did, was take the dremel and put it between my legs so it would act sort of as a router would, and just moved the RogueGrip back and forth shaving a bit off at a time. Then I took a drum sanding bit to smooth it out some, and then some finer sand paper and smooth'd it flat the rest of the way by hand.