PDA

View Full Version : Bolt sticking

P8ntBallBoom
04-17-2004, 06:44 PM
Ok, every once in a while, actually almost all the time now, when I shoot, my bolt sticks in the forward position and leaks a lot of air and just stays there until I disconnect the air source. I have a classic RT.

I tried a slightly longer spring and that didn't help. I looked at the tech support online, and they suggested to put in a longer power tube spacer. Buuut, I have a level ten.

Any suggestions?

P8ntBallBoom
04-18-2004, 05:25 PM
Uh, little help, please?

Psychedelic
04-19-2004, 12:27 AM
I just got an RTP with X-valve and I had the same problem. Bolt stick in a LVL7 is due to your PT spacer. In a LVLX, you just need to add a shim or 2 into it and it should get rid of it.

P8ntBallBoom
04-19-2004, 04:38 PM
Yeah, that may be so. Wish I had some shims, lol. And I just ordered from AGD last night!!

athomas
04-20-2004, 09:58 AM
If there is leaking when the bolt is forward then shims will not help you.

You are getting bolt stick. Use a larger carrier in your powertube.

Does the leak continue when the bolt is forward, or does the leaking lessen over time? If the leak persists and doesn't lessen over time, then you may have a leak in the on/off top. If the leak decreases, that is normal for a forward bolt situation. The carrier is too tight, causing the carrier o-ring to stick on the bolt stem.

P8ntBallBoom
04-20-2004, 04:11 PM
I called up the AGD tech and I think I got it working. Thanks for all those who helped.