PDA

View Full Version : Many thanks to Clayton County SWAT

punkncat
04-18-2004, 08:47 AM
I don't know if this made national news , but a few days ago a fellow was threatening suicide in the parking lot of a Sav Rite store nearby.
The fellow put his gun down on the hood of his truck and one of the snipers shot the gun from the hood of his truck , thus enabling a (safe) arrest.
The same squad came down to Dan's Land Paintball yesterday.I had the opportunity to get in some open play with them.GREAT group of guys!
We had a really great time.Some of them had never played rec ball , but after a few games you never would have known.They picked up the tricks with a quickness.
Anyway , once again , thanks guys for allowing me the opportunity to play ball with some real heros.

teufelhunden
04-18-2004, 09:12 AM
Some of them had never played rec ball , but after a few games you never would have known.They picked up the tricks with a quickness.

They're... SWAT.

:p

WenULiVeUdiE
04-18-2004, 09:34 AM
Yesterday I played with a group of 25 ROTC men and women. ROTC = Air Force cadets/training/volunteers. They had some good strategies, but they cuoldnt back those strategies up.

devildog
04-18-2004, 09:57 AM
Yesterday I played with a group of 25 ROTC men and women. ROTC = Air Force cadets/training/volunteers. They had some good strategies, but they cuoldnt back those strategies up.

all branches of the service have rotc ;)

cant really base any strategies off of the rotc, considering they arent really military yet, and dont know anything as far as battle tactics, or whatever you wanna call it :confused:

madmatt151
04-18-2004, 10:22 AM
They're... SWAT.

:p

Love this because I thought the same thing. I haveplayed againt ROTC guys who come out to a local field all the time and let me tell you, me and a few guys who play rec sometimes teared them apart. I mean, they were trying battle concepts and such that might work in real battle, but if they didn't work in paintball, how could they work in real battle. We beat them badly. Oh and they had decked out scenario Tippmans, and mocked all of our "fancy" and "pretty" markers. Yeah ok.

WenULiVeUdiE
04-18-2004, 10:42 AM
Thanks, I didnt know that. They were part of the air force from what I saw and heard. Great group of people, and they did have better strategies than average first time player. Always helps to have people from the USMC on here. :)

all branches of the service have rotc ;)

cant really base any strategies off of the rotc, considering they arent really military yet, and dont know anything as far as battle tactics, or whatever you wanna call it :confused:

TheTramp
04-18-2004, 02:10 PM
I mean, they were trying battle concepts and such that might work in real battle, but if they didn't work in paintball, how could they work in real battle.

Lets just say that what works in paintball and what works in real life are two totaly different things.

I'd say 80% of Paintball tactics would get you killed right away in a battle.

Just think about it, you can dodge a paintball fired from 30ft away just try that with a gun. All that running around in the woods? If the emeny can see you they can kill you straight through the trees etc with a real gun.

Now the reverse is also true. You can't win against a more aggresive team in paintball without doing things that would get you killed right away in battle. If you aren't willing to lean out and snap shoot even when they are posted on you you'll get bunkered etc.