PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag~ Do you guys like em?

anxiouspaintblr
04-18-2004, 04:38 PM
I've gotten an offer to trade my b2k3 with pds for a stock E-Mag which I thought was a little bit to good to be true. But he wants to go through with it, so what I'm wondering is if I should get it and if there good guns or not? Most likely you guys are going to say that they are awesome but I hear a lot about how they fire really different and that my b2k will be faster?

So if you could tell me the pros of mags compared to other guns that would be cool, ill most likely buy it and try it out anyway.

Its a centre feed mag comes with two extra barrels thats it for upgrades.

penguinpunk555
04-18-2004, 04:47 PM
Both are great guns. I would take the Emag just do to warp factor. I will not play without a warp. Emags are great. So are Bushys. Find someone who has one test it out. Pick what you like better.

angelbeast24
04-18-2004, 04:49 PM
ive shot both guns and i like the emag a lot but once u get the emag u gotta get it ule'd ;)

jayloo
04-18-2004, 04:51 PM
I have shot both....I would choose the emag.

anxiouspaintblr
04-18-2004, 05:01 PM
what do i need the ule'd body for? cause its lighter?

68magOwner
04-18-2004, 05:21 PM
its lighter and looks great.
anyway, the mag will be smaller/shorter, it will be capable of shooting/cycling faster, but which marker your faster with is determined by you. the mag will be simpiler to maintain. Neither will chop, i dunno, id go for the mag, but its personal preferance, both are great markers

anxiouspaintblr
04-18-2004, 05:26 PM
also do i NEED a lvl 10 bolt if i have a q loader ? or any other force fed hopper?

68magOwner
04-18-2004, 05:32 PM
hmm, i would HIGHLY recommend it

OysterBoy
04-18-2004, 05:36 PM
Didn't TK state that unless a force fed hopper were used,LX was needed but otherwise it isnt? The whole reason for it is so that if a paintball doesnt drop fast enough it wont chop.. force feed elliminates that.

Plus I want the LX hes been offered haha.

68magOwner
04-18-2004, 06:37 PM
why its not gonna kill you not having it, it be nice to have as a back up anti-chop to enshure that it NEVER chops, like a anti-chop bolt on a marker with eyes

anxiouspaintblr
04-18-2004, 06:45 PM
it may kill me cause ill have no money and then no food and i'll shrivil up and die!!!

ok...not really but it is the money thats the issue, as of right now IF I GET THIS GUN i should really really get a ule body and q loader before a bolt that I may not even need.

James
04-18-2004, 06:57 PM
lvl 10 is always just something great to have..
imo its a must when your doing something to a mag.
as for the ule its not a must but looks better and is lighter, it would be definatly something to consider, if you mod your gun.
i just got my emag about a month ago and i love it..
never shot a bushy but i have shot alot of electro's. and i would still choose an emag.

ghideon
04-18-2004, 11:16 PM
Spring for the ULE body at the very least. It's nicer, lighter, vert feed, and takes cocker barrels. The last part is the best part, since you'll get a very wide selection of barrels and kits. Dunno nuttin about the Q-loader, I can't shoot that fast, but it sounds nice.

it may kill me cause ill have no money and then no food and i'll shrivil up and die!!!

ok...not really but it is the money thats the issue, as of right now IF I GET THIS GUN i should really really get a ule body and q loader before a bolt that I may not even need.

tyrion2323
04-19-2004, 12:11 AM
Okay, first of all, if you have to decide between the two:

ULE body and Level 10

TAKE THE LEVEL 10. The ULE body looks nice and pretty, but the Level 10 is actually going to help you IN GAME, which is what's really important. Too many people get too excited about how their markers look and worry little about its performance. It's like the street-racing scene... lots of twinked out civics with stock engines..

Get the Level 10, get 3 or 4 different twist-lock barrels and get them bored out to different bore sizes: .685, .687, .689, .691

Now THAT'd be hot!

can'tthink of1
04-19-2004, 12:44 AM
Like? Like? "Like" is a major understatement describing how much I like emags...

Chojin Man
04-19-2004, 04:39 AM
Try one out to see if you like it for yourself. Doesn't matter what other people think as long as you like it.

tjmpaintball06
04-19-2004, 06:55 AM
i like the emag. but it is all personal preference. shoot it b4 u trade.

evan123
04-19-2004, 08:02 AM
Price wise, the emag is worth more. Shooting wise i perfer the b2k3 just due to the battery pack in which i hate with the passion of the christ.

mirthvader
04-19-2004, 08:06 AM
Value wise, the emag is worth much more money. They are totally different guns and both are good. Try the emag first. It might not be what you are lookng for.

angelbeast24
04-19-2004, 02:11 PM
what do i need the ule'd body for? cause its lighter?

b/c if you ule your gun it drasticlally brings down ur weight and also dont forget on how cool it looks too

anxiouspaintblr
04-19-2004, 02:46 PM
well The body on there right now looks pretty good its also center feed, but its high rise :(

and whats the name of the board you can get? It cost like 200 buck but you can shoot faster maybe? or it hooks up to your computer...i forget the name of it. A few people have mentioned this but I persponally think its a waste full auto is crappy for one and 200 bucks...way better stuff i could do with that money.

andrewnelles
04-19-2004, 03:02 PM
I own both a bushy and an emag. I like both of them but personally prefer the emag. Used it in a tourney yesterday, 1 and a half cases thorugh it, no chops or anything.

anxiouspaintblr
04-19-2004, 04:19 PM
the picture wont work....anyone know how to host?

TheLaxPlayer
04-19-2004, 05:47 PM
I honestly don't think the lvl 10 is needed at all with a q-loader. They feed fast enough that a ball is chambered almost instantly, and the ball would be chambered before the valve recharged.

Personally, I'd go with the E=Mag just because I dislike the looks of the bushy's and the E-Mag should be an all around superior marker.

Chris42050
04-19-2004, 06:01 PM
Price wise, the emag is worth more. Shooting wise i perfer the b2k3 just due to the battery pack in which i hate with the passion of the christ.
A little off thread but why does everybody hate the battery pack on the E-mag so much. I thot it was a little wierd lookin when I first saw it, but now I think it looks kinda cool cuz it makes the gun unique. Does anybody else like it?

LittlePaintballBoy
04-19-2004, 06:08 PM
I actually like the battery pack, it gives me something to hold on to. I could deal with it being a little lighter though... And with hosting, go to jayloo.com free pic hosting!

anxiouspaintblr
04-19-2004, 06:13 PM
OH CRAP! that reminds me!!

do you guys know if it's the older guns that have the stright trigger or did the old ones have the curvy one? Cause I hear that the old ones suck.

ill get a pic.

http://www.paintballdepot.cl/One%20stop%20selection%20At%20over%2010,000%20pain tball%20products%20with%20all%20name%20brand%20man ufacture_archivos/emag.jpg
^^^ what i have....not exactly because its not the acctual picture of mine but everytihng isthe same, same colour body, same feed neck, and same trigger.

http://www.pballcanada.com/images/emag_fade.jpg
and thats what i dont have..

so what i NEED to know and you guys cant guess based on looks, but which one is the newer model?
thanks

anxiouspaintblr
04-19-2004, 06:37 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/cartooons/P005879.jpg

Ok this is the mag....finnaly, hosted thanks to Oyster Boy.

durtysoufcraka
04-20-2004, 02:27 PM
i am pretty sure the top pic is the older one because the grip frame has that hump in the back that is supposed to contour to your palm. the newer ones as well as the X-mags have the flat 135* frame on the back. if that is your trigger question.

anxiouspaintblr
04-20-2004, 02:28 PM
yup, are the older ones wrose though? i hear there are a lot of problems with them?

durtysoufcraka
04-20-2004, 03:58 PM
i think that is the only difference mine is EM00678 and i have had no problems to speak of. i have 12K+ shots on it and am loving it. (it has the silly hump on the back of the handle) i'm kinda sad that i only have V1.35 though. well i'll get that flashed...no problems though. rock on emags

tony3
04-20-2004, 03:59 PM
You are so mis-informed its amazing. Older emags will preform the exact same as a newer one. They have older software so they will be slower but you can send your gun to agd to have it updated. Older emags were heavier because of the old style frame with the hump. Lvl 10 is completely needed with an emag.

anxiouspaintblr
04-20-2004, 05:30 PM
WHOA this forum is awesome people actually know stuff.......it's weird.

anyway that is sweet, but will they give me the new software if I dont have any warrenty information or anything? Cause I'm buying the gun used.

This is where I got that (apparently) crazy idea from,

http://pbreview.com/products/reviews/?sort=low&prod=156

P8ntballr4life
04-21-2004, 01:52 AM
Anxiouspaintblr,
Yes, you can get the software on any emag, warranty or not. Just call AGD and tell them you would like to send in your marker to get it flashed to the newest software version. They will ask you for the serial number on the valve and to ship with $20 so they can ship it back to you. You only have to send in your grip frame unless you have something else you want them to check out. BTW, DO NOT pay attention to PBREVIEW...It can be really difficult to distinguish the difference between honest knowlegeable posts and the irrelevant posts sometimes. Just know that I have emag #411 and it shoots amazing!

Hope that helps ;) -Ian