PDA

View Full Version : Emag not working/recharging

barberjohn
04-18-2004, 05:44 PM
i was playing with my emag for the first time today and for some reason it will not work in e-mode. when i switch it over to manuel, i can shoot it, but then when i release the trigger, it sounds like it is recharging or the bolt is resetting, and i can shoot it for another second. i can only go like 2 or so bps in mech mode, and nothing in e mode. i have taken the valve apart, lubed everything, put oil in my asa, tried different power tube spacers, different lvl 10 springs, and nothing seems to work. also, for some reason, the top half of my on/off is silver, instead of brass, but the bottom half is the regular color of brass. im not sure if this would mean anything or be the cause, but it seems like my problem is something to do with the on/off, but thats just my guess. i have 3.2 software, and i know my battery was charged because i had charged it on the way to the field. please help if you have any knowledge of what may be wrong. thanks!!

Miscue
04-18-2004, 05:49 PM
See if your sear swivels freely. Possible bent sear pin. Look for anything that could be snagging.

barberjohn
04-18-2004, 05:59 PM
it feels pretty smooth to me, and the plunger seems nice and un-bent also. oh, and if it helps, the plunger will do exactly what its supposed to if i take the valve out and press down on the sear assembly in e-mode, well, all except for the 3.2 f/a thing, but lets not get into that :D .

Tunaman
04-18-2004, 07:52 PM
try a .728 pin with that aluminum top.

barberjohn
04-18-2004, 08:20 PM
ok, do you have any of those in stock?

Tunaman
04-19-2004, 05:28 AM
has it ever worked fine with the pin thats in there now?

cphilip
04-19-2004, 09:22 AM
ok, do you have any of those in stock?

I got one.

How did it go after lubing the regulator Assembly?

Havoc_online
04-19-2004, 11:43 AM
you probably have the right on/off pin, it just sounds bent. Like Tuna said, get a new one.

barberjohn
04-19-2004, 03:17 PM
thanks tuna. cphillip, it didnt really help all that much :( , so i didnt know what else to do, and it seemed too late to call you back. if you have that on/off pin, thats great, i was trying to get caleb to tell me if you did or not last night, and he never got back to me. ill talk to you about it. thanks for all the help!

cphilip
04-19-2004, 04:40 PM
Do you have any way to measure the one thats in there? A good calipers?

If not I got about any of them that it would need. They are presently at my work in my Parts boxes. But I am certain I got one. But if yours is too long and you had a set of calipers and a dremel you could make one in a pinch.

Note: It seems John has discovered the X Valve had never been in this emag. It was from another marker and used in another marker when it was taken out and put in this emag without ever being used together. And so its most likely it does not have an Emag on off pin in it. It most likely has a RTP or Mag on off pin in it. So its more than likely too long and not allowing the chamber to recharge.

barberjohn
04-19-2004, 05:42 PM
okay, so i take it that i have a .728 pin instead of the .712. phil, i dont believe i have any calipers with me, but my friend's dad has a lot of tools, and he probably has one. ill let you know if i get it working or not.