PDA

View Full Version : The Ghost and the Darkness! (X-Mag)!

1stdeadeye
04-18-2004, 06:47 PM
Or maybe I should call this thread the Ghost in my X-Mag!!!! :(

Crazy day today at On Target in NJ! We had 6 AOers show up from as far away as MD!

So I decided to play with the warp today. So immediatly it starts double feeding past the detent. Oh well I can live with that. Then at the chrono it goes auto! Not machine gun auto, but one shot every 1 to 2 seconds! It stays auto when I turn off the electronics. Degas it and start again and then Boom!!!! MP5 full auto!

So Big'nSlo, Seek and I go back to the staging area! Seek and Big'nSlo are awesome AO techs/tinkerers. We break down the X all the way and everything is as it should be. Then seek says there is too much oil on the Bolt. We wipe it down and reoil it lightly and it works!

Play the first few games and boom. It goes down again. When it does fire, it is one shot, one roll out of the barrel, repeat!

So I switch back to the vert feed and it is working great. We jump out to play speedball and then my Eggo won't work. It has fresh batteries and everything. So time to leave and Mango and I are talking. I walk by the chron station and figure I'll try to ripp 1 or 2 shots and boom. Everything works perfectly again! :mad: I ripped through 2 pods at full speed just to be sure! Try it again at home and it works perfectly.

Very frustrating! It only didn't work when I wanted it too! I swear the Ghost jumped from my Warp to My X to my Eggo just to mess with me!

Still had a great day out!!!

Thanks to AKAfluence, Big'nSlo, Mango, RickEZ10 and Seek for making today a hoot!!!

Seek has pictures to post of us somewhere on AO! :D

Head knight of Ni
04-19-2004, 07:47 AM
The elves are on strike. Don't hire gremlins as your scabs.

Bolter
04-19-2004, 08:45 AM
its not gremlins...............its the little people.....they're everywhere.....

:eek:

Mango
04-19-2004, 03:55 PM
Never let 1DE touch your mag, it will not work afterwards. :p :D That man is possessed by some voodoo anti-mag force.

govnamac
04-19-2004, 04:04 PM
The Ultra Liberal Underground sabotaged your gun. You need to watch what you say in the Friendly Corner. There are spies everywhere. Uh oh, I've said too much. :D

Lohman446
04-19-2004, 04:17 PM
Yeh like my day on Sunday - at tournament, warp one won't feed. No problem, I have a backup for everyting - warp two wont feed... I replace the warp hose (hey, gotta do something)... now the balls wont quite get into the breach, level ten enages... fire one shot, level ten engages, no shot, turn on safety, then shoot... SOB gun.... (BTW, thoughts are inconsitent sized paint).

I ended up "gently placing" the e-mag in the truck and playing with my RT all day

1stdeadeye
04-19-2004, 06:06 PM
Never let 1DE touch your mag, it will not work afterwards. :p :D That man is possessed by some voodoo anti-mag force.

Nooooo! :p

It was just so wierd the way it perfectly worked at the range at the end of the day! :confused: