PDA

View Full Version : Warp ULE and ULE barrel

padiwack
04-18-2004, 07:01 PM
im going to have the Warp ULE body on my Custom RT Pro when i buy it.. and i read this note when i was looking into the body on airgun.com ..

Note: Your rail will need a small machined notch to accept the feed tube.
Some owners have successfully accomplished this with only a Dremel tool and file. Others might want to have a machine shop do it for them. Airgun Designs does not offer this modification currently so you are on your own to complete it.

does this mean im going to have to do extra modifications when it comes in? im going to be using a Qloader on it..

another question is, How good is the 2 piece J&J Barrel that you can get for 59$ with it? would i be better off buying a different angel threaded barrel?

thanks so much for the help!

Timmee
04-18-2004, 08:07 PM
im going to have the Warp ULE body on my Custom RT Pro when i buy it.. and i read this note when i was looking into the body on airgun.com ..

Note: Your rail will need a small machined notch to accept the feed tube.
Some owners have successfully accomplished this with only a Dremel tool and file. Others might want to have a machine shop do it for them. Airgun Designs does not offer this modification currently so you are on your own to complete it.

does this mean im going to have to do extra modifications when it comes in? im going to be using a Qloader on it..

another question is, How good is the 2 piece J&J Barrel that you can get for 59$ with it? would i be better off buying a different angel threaded barrel?

thanks so much for the help!

Just so you know, the ULE body is threaded for 'Cocker barrels.

Joni
04-19-2004, 12:41 AM
The barrel is a nice barrel. It's as accurate as anything else, but it's not perfect when it comes to self-cleaning after barrel-breaks. It's not bad, but it could be better.

the larch
04-19-2004, 05:01 PM
Yes, you will probably have to notch your rail. Your not the only one thinking of how awesome a warp body with a q-loader would be. I should have the same set up by this weekend.

padiwack
04-20-2004, 09:15 AM
is notching the rail hard to do?

adam_61550
04-20-2004, 09:21 AM
Me too! The Q should get here this weekend with the Warp body coming next week. I really hope it works.

I dont know how hard the notchings gonna be. Shouldnt be too hard if a dremel and a file can get it done. We should all post our progress since were working on the same set up. (Q to Warp Body)

Chronobreak
04-20-2004, 11:21 AM
agd will notch the rail free of charge as they did for me :) i love my warped ule y-grip x-vavled mag... the notch is on one side so that the ule clears it and with the rial on the body u can hardly even notice the milling