PDA

View Full Version : Large Leak, classic valve

eric
04-18-2004, 07:56 PM
My classic valved mag is leaking out of the hole in the back of the gun. Its a very large leak but if you pull the trigger the leak stops then slowly builds up to a large leak in about 3 seconds. Also, if you try and shoot like you can hear the very bad shootdown.

Any suggestions?

CaliMagFan
04-18-2004, 08:15 PM
blowing off out the back is the result of too high velocity... turn that down and see if it stops... you'll have to turn it down and fire 3 shots or so each time to get the pressure to be keyed in. bad shootdown or shootup is from a bad reg seat...dont have any gas in the gun for this next stuff.... try unscrewing the regulator from the valve and make sure that reg seat "o-ring" is in good order... the last and least probable issue is that the reg piston or reg piston o-ring is bad... to check those unscrew the velocity knob all the way, put the proper size allen wrench in the nut and torque it to the side... then pull that whole brass assmebly out... if the outter o-ring is damaged replace it... if that is not damaged then you may need a new reg piston assembly...

good luck
--kyro

robertjuric
04-18-2004, 11:37 PM
Yea, if you just got Lvl10 and had to cut up your velocity and it started leaking, then you need the new style reg seat. If not then cut down your velocity, if that doesn't help, you still need a new reg seat. :)

eric
04-19-2004, 08:39 PM
Turns out my friend took a spring out for his micro, well see once i get it back. I just replaced the reg seat which i think took care of the leak but it still has shootdown.