PDA

View Full Version : Breast milk

nippinout
04-18-2004, 10:28 PM
I was wondering the other day about breast milk.

I wonder what it tastes like.

If I were to try some breast milk today, wouldn't it be like the best tasting stuff in the world? It's the first thing in my life that I consumed. So maybe there's some psychological stuff going on if I were to try it.

Which would taste better, body temperature or cold?

I'm not about to go up to somebody and ask for a taste though. Can't ask family, that's just awkward. I am perplexed. I am very curious- I'm pretty sure this isn't some subconcious attempt for some boob juice, but I could be wrong.

I also wonder if your corpus collosum were severed, would you be able to tickle yourself?

Miscue
04-18-2004, 10:36 PM
/me gets the Nestle Quik chocolate syrup out.

paintbattler
04-18-2004, 10:43 PM
Ok, a little weird, but...yeah.

PyRo
04-18-2004, 10:44 PM
Someone have a strange fetish?
:)

Fixion
04-18-2004, 10:46 PM
They don't have the right type of smiley for what I want to say... this may do... O_o

ZSigErik
04-18-2004, 11:08 PM
They don't have the right type of smiley for what I want to say... this may do... O_o

rolling on the ground laughing at that one...

Dryden
04-18-2004, 11:29 PM
Well, I guess if you want to taste breast milk - and not get slapped - you need to find yourself a nice girl and settle down. You should know in under a year. Or, if you're looking for a shortcut, just date a single mother. ;) You wouldn't even need to find one with a newborn either, many women can produce a limited amount of milk three to four years after the child's birth.

FWIW, it doesn't taste very good.

As for severing your corpus callosum, I don't think you'd have any muscle control without it, so tickling yourself would be the least of your problems. The corpus callosum connects the two halves of the brain. The motor cortex runs through it. With it severed - heck, even damaged - and if you survived, you'd be Christopher Reeve.

sharpshooter1286
04-18-2004, 11:44 PM
but dryden, i mean cmon, you could tickle yourself! think of the possiblities!

PyRo
04-18-2004, 11:51 PM
As for severing your corpus callosum, I don't think you'd have any muscle control without it, so tickling yourself would be the least of your problems. The corpus callosum connects the two halves of the brain. The motor cortex runs through it. With it severed - heck, even damaged - and if you survived, you'd be Christopher Reeve.

You can survive without it several people have had it done to stop severe seisures or somthing like that. For the most part you couldn't tell someone who had the procedure, interesting things happen though. You can show them a picture with one eye, and they will be able to draw it, but not tell you what it is, or tell you what it is but not draw it. Stuff like that.

Kevmaster
04-19-2004, 12:09 AM
you know.... whore houses exist for a reason

this, i suppose, is one of them

Dryden
04-19-2004, 12:14 AM
Hmm, okay. I found this link describing split brain procedures:

http://www.indiana.edu/~pietsch/split-brain.html

Interesting. I have a niece who suffers from - what doctors believe is - Aicardi's Syndrome (http://www.whonamedit.com/synd.cfm/156.html). I wouldn't think it possible to survive without the corpus callosum, seeing what having an underdeveloped one does to a person.

Makes me wonder what the success rate of split brain operations actually are.

Heh heh ... imagine being able to read two books at once! :)

SpecialBlend2786
04-19-2004, 03:54 AM
hahahahaha omg my friend and i were just talking about this!

SpecialBlend2786: i can do all that
SpecialBlend2786: except lactate
Mercurial 94: hahaha
Mercurial 94: i'm sure you can do that, too
Mercurial 94: if you started taking estrogen pills, you could lactate
SpecialBlend2786: really??!
Mercurial 94: yeah
Mercurial 94: that would be funny
SpecialBlend2786: shweet
Mercurial 94: and you'd grow boobies, too
SpecialBlend2786: so i wouldn't need to buy milk?
Mercurial 94: not really.....
SpecialBlend2786: would it taste like peanut butter thoguh?
Mercurial 94: women naturally produce milk after pregnancy
Mercurial 94: HAHAHHAAHAH
Mercurial 94: not quite
SpecialBlend2786: damn
Mercurial 94: haha
Mercurial 94: what a funny thought
Mercurial 94: what if they sold human milk in those milk jugs?
SpecialBlend2786: they do
SpecialBlend2786: its called baby formula
SpecialBlend2786: :-P
SpecialBlend2786: jk
SpecialBlend2786: how would they milk humans?
SpecialBlend2786: in a factory?
Mercurial 94: there are milking machines
SpecialBlend2786: but who would want to be milked?
Mercurial 94: my mom used milking machines
Mercurial 94: you can buy them
SpecialBlend2786: industrial ones?
Mercurial 94: women just hook their boobs up to it and it sucks the milk out
Mercurial 94: nah
Mercurial 94: just regular ones
Mercurial 94: it's portable
SpecialBlend2786: so you couldn't mass produce boobie-milk then
Mercurial 94: hahahahaha
Mercurial 94: if you milked a lot of lactating women, you could
SpecialBlend2786: hmmm
SpecialBlend2786: fundraising time
Mercurial 94: even women who haven't had a baby can lactate
Mercurial 94: there needs to be a suction type motion on their boobs
Mercurial 94: and they'll start doing it naturally
SpecialBlend2786: interesting
SpecialBlend2786: i gotta get me a few of those machines
SpecialBlend2786: and set up a booth
SpecialBlend2786: outside vons
SpecialBlend2786: heather, you can be my first honorary customer :)
Mercurial 94: hahahahahhaha
Mercurial 94: why are we talking about breastfeeding?
SpecialBlend2786: mmmm
SpecialBlend2786: breastfeeding-->lactating--->tigers milk
Mercurial 94: hahaha
SpecialBlend2786: train of thought
SpecialBlend2786: lol
Mercurial 94: fun

:p

fire1811
04-19-2004, 04:13 AM
stick with regular milk. i had a chick squirt some on my face and it didnt taste all that great. cool to watch but not that good :D

slateman
04-19-2004, 12:05 PM
If your gonna ask, be polite and ask her to put in a cup (I swear to God, some guy at work did that to a woman in accounting. She turned soooo red I thought she was gonna kill him. But he's a little "slow" so she kinda cut him a break). And understand that that question is definitely worth a slap and maybe even a kick to the family jewels depending on where the request is made.

As for your corpus callosum you don't want to cut that. Its important. I've heard stories about people who were asked to write the names of objects. One guy was shown a cat and wrote chair. He was then just couldn't say or write cat.

If you cut that, tickling yourself would be the least of your concerns.

UltimatePaintballer
04-19-2004, 12:43 PM
I have three words for you: ASK YOUR MOM! :D

Cryer
04-19-2004, 01:06 PM
and my ignore list grows even longer...http://mysmilies.com/images/confused.gif

Brak
04-19-2004, 01:25 PM
i think my brain developed earlier than most people. i started talking and making sentences very very early in life, and i remember lots of things from being a baby most people dont remember. believe it or not (believe it cause its the truth dumbass) i actually remember being breastfed, which is in particular very strange

sharpshooter1286
04-19-2004, 01:38 PM
Freak ;) what kind of other stuff do you remember? and if u can remeber being breast fed, then do you remember what it tasted like?

UltimatePaintballer
04-19-2004, 01:52 PM
and my ignore list grows even longer...http://mysmilies.com/images/confused.gif

was that to me?

BobTheCow
04-19-2004, 01:57 PM
Ahh, what a paradox... what if he never responds?? You'll never know!! :eek: :p

PyRo
04-19-2004, 02:14 PM
As for your corpus callosum you don't want to cut that. Its important. I've heard stories about people who were asked to write the names of objects. One guy was shown a cat and wrote chair. He was then just couldn't say or write cat.

If you cut that, tickling yourself would be the least of your concerns.

See my earlier post. It sure wouldn't be fun, but I doubt its absolutly horrible. The reason he wrote chair was because he was shown it with one eye, had he had both eyes open he probably would have gotten the answer fine. One half of your brain recognizes the name, and the other does whatever is is that allows you to draw them. I'm guessing your brain would ajust itself to be sure you looked at everything with both eyes making you seem completley normal in most situations.

Brak
04-19-2004, 02:18 PM
Freak ;) what kind of other stuff do you remember? and if u can remeber being breast fed, then do you remember what it tasted like?

i do remember what it tastes like. and ill never tell any of you cause thats just strange. everything else i remember are pretty uneventful things, like sleeping with the lights on for the first few years

Mango
04-19-2004, 04:08 PM
Breast milk is full of enzymes, antigens, protiens and amino acids along with other things. It is a super food of sorts but would not taste very good because it is also very alkaline (basic).

ShooterJM
04-19-2004, 04:17 PM
Well beer always tastes better when it's fresh from the keg right?

Maybe the same rules apply... screw the cup... :D

beam
04-20-2004, 10:02 AM
This is just crazy talk....all of you...just crazy.

Ivan
04-20-2004, 05:02 PM
Youg uys should read the last paragraph of The Grapes of Wrath...yeah it's nasty.

AngelBoy
04-20-2004, 05:21 PM
This has to be one of the funniest convos ive ever seen in my life....

atm743
04-20-2004, 05:36 PM
i jest thought of something ut this may sound stupid and you allready know this but i have to say this. you all know that we are drinking a cows or if you somehow like goat milk they are both feeding milk's. i dont see the diffrence in tast though. unless if it has to do with what you eat. if thats soo we should do what SpecialBlend2786 said in his iteresting aim thing but humans have to eat hay too!!:D

BlackHalo
04-20-2004, 06:18 PM
"...although the packaging has a certain appeal..." Chandler Bing

When the question of what breast milk tasted like.

JonDaAzn
04-20-2004, 06:29 PM
A young doctor was taking a test in class when this question came up, "Name three benefits of human milk to a child" he thought for a second and wrote "First, human milk contains all the nutrients and fats essential for a baby's development. Second, human milk contains antibodies that protect a baby in early life." But, think as he could, he couldn't formulate a third reason, finally he cracked a huge grin and wrote "It comes in nice containers"

Q: What is the similarity between electric trains and boobs

A: They're for the children but its the fathers who play with them

:D

MagmanLee
04-20-2004, 06:40 PM
:eek: Wh...what the hell is wrong with you people? :p

atm743
04-20-2004, 06:45 PM

what jest a conversation about breast milk you drink cows breast milk probably everyday!!:D

ShooterJM
04-21-2004, 09:46 AM
Exactly. I'd drink breast milk before I drank cow's milk any day.

Think about it. Humans are the only thing that actually think it's normal to drink the lactations of another animal. THAT'S pretty freakin gross to me.

JimmyBeam
04-21-2004, 11:06 AM
Well beer always tastes better when it's fresh from the keg right?

heh, exactly!!!!

MadChild
04-21-2004, 11:17 AM
I am a Ninja.

cphilip
04-21-2004, 11:18 AM
Exactly. I'd drink breast milk before I drank cow's milk any day.

Think about it. Humans are the only thing that actually think it's normal to drink the lactations of another animal. THAT'S pretty freakin gross to me.

How do you know this is the case? I have seen mother animals suckle other species many times. None of them seemed to be acting as if it was abnormal at all....

Target Practice
04-21-2004, 11:23 AM
I think that one of the main reasons we drink the milk of other animals is that it is more convienient than latching on to a passing pint. It may not be as fun, but think of the logistics.

PyRo
04-21-2004, 11:25 AM
And meat is the flesh of somthing that was living. And there is a good chance that some of the water you drink was once drunk by some animal and urinated out. Fruits and vegtables come from the ground, think how many animals died and rotted there, urinated there, took a dump there, how many walked there with not clean feet, all the bugs that land on the food.

If you want to think hard enough about it, all food can be classified as "gross".

cphilip
04-21-2004, 11:27 AM
We drink it because its an excellent source of renewable sustenance. People in the world drink and use milk from other animals than cows. Sheep, Goats and Horses to name a few...

PyRo
04-21-2004, 11:28 AM
I'm curious, most animals produce milk only when they have reporduced. Why do cows do it all the time? Are they kept constantly pregnant, given some hormone, just given birth once, and so long as they keep milking it it will produce milk, are they bread that way, or is it just normal.

cphilip
04-21-2004, 11:31 AM
I'm curious, most animals produce milk only when they have reporduced. Why do cows do it all the time? Are they kept constantly pregnant, given some hormone, just given birth once, and so long as they keep milking it it will produce milk, are they bread that way, or is it just normal.

They don't. They eventually stop lactation and have to be rebred but the act of milking stimulates the hormone to continue lactation for quite a while. Sometimes you rest them by slowing that down and making them stop and so they come back into estrus and produce another calf.

They deliver and freshen and as long as they are milked they may lactate almost a year. And yes slowly through selective breeding we have extended that. Its a normal hormone production

Women can lactate for years as long as the kid continues to suckle.

Jack_Dubious
04-21-2004, 11:33 AM

I second this notion. :D

JDub

Mango
04-21-2004, 11:37 AM
Found this on a cow website:

Most mammals only produce enough milk to feed their young. Dairy cows are different, they produce far more milk than their young calves can use. A calf only needs a small portion of her mother's milk supply during the first few months of life (about 255 litres). Since a good dairy cow produces more than 6,100 litres of milk in a year, there is a lot of extra milk for us to use. A cow produces milk for about ten months following the birth of her calf and for the process to continue she must have a calf every year.

pretty interesting

ShooterJM
04-21-2004, 11:38 AM
How do you know this is the case? I have seen mother animals suckle other species many times. None of them seemed to be acting as if it was abnormal at all....

Sorry, forgot two important words in my post!

"Past weaning"

DOH. :D

1stdeadeye
04-21-2004, 12:02 PM
I second this notion. :D

JDub

Third!!! :eek:

cphilip
04-21-2004, 12:08 PM
Found this on a cow website:

pretty interesting

And thats because they have been selectively bred to do so.... over years and years of selecting stock that produced more than ample supply until it became a trait of the particular breed of Cattle. Not all cattle do that nor were they selectively bred to do so. Only "Dairy" cows were so selected and bred. Beef cows do not...

cphilip
04-21-2004, 12:09 PM
Sorry, forgot two important words in my post!

"Past weaning"

DOH. :D

Perhaps some of us have never been weaned? :D

Chojin Man
04-21-2004, 01:21 PM
This conversation makes me wish I had some of those milk matters stickers.

kauai_paintball
04-21-2004, 02:08 PM
and then we have the hillbillies at safeway who "milk"(eeew) boy cows and sell the crap as milk.

BobTheCow
04-21-2004, 02:51 PM
and then we have the hillbillies at safeway who "milk"(eeew) boy cows and sell the crap as milk.Hey, watch what you call "crap"... :D :eek:

Flamebo
04-21-2004, 03:45 PM
This thread is warped.

skife
04-21-2004, 06:46 PM
i've always wondered what it would taste like, who knows.

Slimm Jimm
04-22-2004, 03:21 PM
and then we have the hillbillies at safeway who "milk"(eeew) boy cows and sell the crap as milk.

Well, I've something very rare for your that is considerably better than the milk, would you like some Rocky Mountain Oysters? I'll sell em to you cheap.

ShooterJM
04-22-2004, 03:30 PM
Without question, the MOST tender cut of meat.... ;)

JonDaAzn
04-23-2004, 07:29 PM
delicious.... :p

Clare
04-23-2004, 07:34 PM
What the?! You all are weird.

TraXeR
04-23-2004, 09:19 PM
What the hell?? This is possibly the most weird thread I've ever seen. :eek: :eek:

But I'll admit, sometimes it does come in nice packages :o :o .

Mango
04-24-2004, 07:40 AM
hey my post was educational.

Lohman446
04-24-2004, 08:30 AM

:D Your answer from the empress herself.

Altimas
04-24-2004, 09:14 AM
I am most curious about the young Doctors score on that test and if his teacher was a woman ;)

Miscue
04-25-2004, 03:45 PM
:D Your answer from the empress herself.

She just doesn't understand. :p

pbzmag
04-25-2004, 04:37 PM

With us guys, when we get bored, we think up of alot of crazy things. Oh, we also like the packaging that milk comes in. Human not cows you sickos!

slateman
04-25-2004, 07:50 PM
So....ah...did you...ah... "get some" yet? :D

MadChild
04-26-2004, 05:52 PM
i have a canadian friend and he lactates. its gross

Chojin Man
04-26-2004, 06:58 PM
Is that even possible? Does he take hormone pills or something?

luka3589
04-26-2004, 07:27 PM
yeah that tastes good (breast milk)
Luka

JonDaAzn
04-26-2004, 07:33 PM

milk him and send it to nippinout so he can try it and tell us the taste, or drink it yourself!

TraXeR
04-26-2004, 07:56 PM
milk him and send it to nippinout so he can try it and tell us the taste, or drink it yourself!

Ok, ew :eek: . Gross, spew. I wish I didn't read that. :( :mad: :p

JonDaAzn
04-27-2004, 05:41 PM
"'you can milk anything, I could milk your cat'...'Can you milk me?'"
-Meet the Parents

MadChild
04-28-2004, 10:46 AM
i think he smokes pot because when you smoke pot it makes you lactate. i will not taste it becasue it is gross and he might have aids or something.

PS: i am a ninja

bornl33t
04-28-2004, 12:14 PM

Weird is an understatement...why is this thread still alive?

Jack_Dubious
04-28-2004, 02:39 PM
for you chappelle fans... :D

FactsOfLife
04-28-2004, 02:49 PM

Canada, where the women are women....

and so are the men.

jewie27
05-02-2004, 02:44 AM
Weird but kinda funny thread. I guess if you really wanted some of that milk, just borrow a baby's bottle.