PDA

View Full Version : Found an alternative source of warp feed hose.

trains are bad
04-19-2004, 11:50 AM
I work at a marina. It's called bilge hose. Same stuff. Only the stuff we have has 2" plain, non-corrugated sections every 2 feet. Those don't bend so they're 'dead spots' if you're curving it. But they might be useful for some setups. I don' know how much it costs since I get it for free.

Creative Mayhem
04-19-2004, 02:29 PM
sounds interesting. Is it clear? or black? Post pics if you can, thanks.

Altimas
04-19-2004, 02:30 PM
I think I know what hes talking about and it's usually white

68magOwner
04-19-2004, 03:13 PM
yup, i got some of that stuff from there, works great

-=Squid=-
04-19-2004, 03:26 PM
I know I have been really slow about getting products out there, but I have some warp hose alternative in the works that will look NICE... couple bugs to work out, but wont be as challenging to get out there as the macroline and quick disconnects.

Fred
04-19-2004, 05:13 PM
if it's a material that can be dyed I'd be interested...

---Fred

DirkVictor
04-22-2004, 01:35 AM
I don't know if it will work for a warp but for my Q-loader I got some 3/4" garden pond hose. I got some at a local garden pond shop for $1 a foot. It does not have the dead spot and it is almost smooth on the inside. Balls seem to feed a bit easier and it is a lot easier to clean if you have break inside the hose. Water doesn't get caught in the ridges so it dries much faster. The hose I got was black.

There is a picuture of it at http://www.ponds2go.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=P034U-F

They had two types of ribbing, helical and corrugated. On the helical the ribbing spirals around the hose and you can't put an O-ring on it. The corrugated has rings like the Q-loader hose so an O-ring fits.