PDA

View Full Version : Looking to modify Automag Classic

Rob Renaud
04-19-2004, 12:01 PM
I am just recently getting into the paintball scene with my 12y/o son.
I had the good fortune of being able to purchase 2 used automag classics with 4 barrels and a couple valve rebuild (o-ring) kits.
One of the guns has a sight rail on it that I am not very much impressed with. It slides onto the main body and has a small set screw located at the top. It is not very solid and the whole assemble can readily move about.
I have been looking at sites for parts and mods and I like the mount set up on the RT pro much better, with the 6 mounting bolts into the bottom rail.
I have found I can purchase these bottom rail assemblies. I am wondering.
Will the automag classic mainbodies mate up with the RT pro bottom rails if I purchase these to upgrade to a better sight mounting system?
Does anybody know for sure? Thanks.

Big'n slo
04-19-2004, 12:17 PM
First, welcome to AO

Second, yes the classic body will fit the rt pro rail. But, you will also need the RT sear assembly.

Dayspring
04-19-2004, 01:22 PM
Another problem you'll have is that the on/off pin that you use on the RT Pro rail is the wrong size than the one you have. I don't know if AGD sells classic valve pins in a .765" length. Might have to call AGD.

CaliMagFan
04-19-2004, 04:47 PM
yeah, the issue would be use of the classic valve and the length of the on/off pin... my question to you, not trying to be presumptous (sp?). but why do you want a sight rail?.... you say that you're just getting into paintball with your son... so are you new to teh sport? you may find that modifying your current setup that much for just a site rail is totally pointless. in the game, you shoot down the barrel and use the last ball's flight path to aim, not sight rails... at least, that's how most of use have come to play. so my suggestion is lose the sight rail and play without it... shoot from the hip... lol...

--kyro

Rob Renaud
04-20-2004, 01:22 PM
Thanks for all the information. It does seem like a bit too much work to go through for just a sight rail.
I am thinking that I will either try to modify the rail assembly of the Classics that I have, to accept the RT sight rail or I will take the advice of CaliMagFan and lose the sight rail all together.
Thanks for all the info.