PDA

View Full Version : This is sick!

deadeye9
04-19-2004, 02:38 PM
This Ford commercial is really sick:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/commercials/sportka.asp

scroll down and click on:

Ford SportKa "cat" clip (alternate location)

Rich
04-19-2004, 02:42 PM
Actually saw one of the Ka models when I was in England 2 years ago.
That and the smart car (www.smart.com) which is coming to the US in 2006

kscullin
04-19-2004, 02:44 PM
I LOVE the pigeon one. The cat one's funny as hell also (yes, I'm a cat person, but with a sick sense of humor), but the pigeon one has it beat IMO.

BTW, if you watch closely, the cat sliding down the windshield has a head, and the "head" falls into the wrong seat.

Dubstar112
04-19-2004, 02:45 PM
lol. Thats all I have to say.

Other than.. The only good cat is a dead cat :)

Skreemer
04-19-2004, 02:45 PM
I didn't think it was sick, I thought it was rather humorous. A rather good usage of the old adage "Curiosity killed the cat".

A little bit of back story about this before PETA raids the forum. The commercial was made by the company that makes them for Ford. Ford told the advert company not to release the commercial to the general public becasue after viewing it they new they would get a bad backlash of press. The commercial got leaked out anyway over the internet... whether intentional or not is up for grabs but, working for a technology company in IT more than once I have seen things of a personal nature make it out over the net. (beware of what you keep on your PC's at work is not private)

Another side note, the cat was completely animated from beginning to end. No real cat was harmed in the making of the commercial. Heck, no cat was even filmed for the making of this commercial.

Altimas
04-19-2004, 02:57 PM
OMG I laughed so hard at both of them I have a splitting head ache now... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

kscullin
04-19-2004, 04:53 PM
Really? The whole cat was animated? Fooled me - I just figured that the dead cat was animated, and a live cat was used until it stuck its head into the sunroof (grabbed by someone keyed out inside the car or something to get it to struggle a little - not grabbed by the sunroof) then matted together with the sunroof closing and a fake cat falling off of the car (that explained the head on the falling cat to me - I'd swear it's there).

That's a better job than I thought if there's really no cat at all.

sneakyhacker420
04-19-2004, 06:03 PM
how this for sick - me and 2 friends found a dead racoon on the beach (we think it drowned) and we're going back tomorrow to light it on fire with the aid of some rubber cement :eek: :eek: :p

dj89
04-19-2004, 06:11 PM
Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.27 Server at www.rizzn.com Port 80

dang

deadeye9
04-19-2004, 06:18 PM
Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.27 Server at www.rizzn.com Port 80

dang

Did you click on the "alternate location" icon?

dj89
04-19-2004, 06:21 PM
nope it works now thanks

vf-xx
04-19-2004, 06:55 PM
I think the ad was leaked on purpose. There was a spot about net advertizing on Tech TV this morning and they were talking about Subservient chicken. Turns out that Subservient chicken is a Burger King ad. Strange eh?

FalconGuy016
04-19-2004, 07:28 PM
HAhaha, im a REALLY REALLY REALLY hardcore cat person, but I still thought it was funny :), if a little mean. But the animated part of it all makes it all alright for me :)

-Tab
04-19-2004, 08:31 PM
AAAAHAHAHAHAHA....
those are great.

i like the pigeon one.

Mango
04-20-2004, 10:52 AM
Those are so great. That is a hot looking car too. Wish we had them here in the US.