PDA

View Full Version : questions about bob long millenium???

shorty13
04-19-2004, 04:03 PM
hey a friend of mine that is just getting into paintball who has had a gun for quite some time is looking into a new gun and plans to start playing more frequently is looking at a gun on ebay which i never really thought was a good idea but anyway, he is looking at a boblong millenium, it is that of a mechanical spyder with the bob long logo on it. it comes with some nice stuff like reg and valve etc . . . . . .i dont know much about the gun and would like to find out more about experiances and how they run any info please tell me.

barberjohn
04-19-2004, 04:07 PM
all it is is a good looking spyder, and a big waste of money. you would probably find that a regular electro spyder is both cheaper, and you will be getting practically the same thing.

Fred
04-19-2004, 05:10 PM
I had one, it was my first gun, like 5 years ago...

Its not bad for a spyder clone, mine ate hammer orings like nobody's business. its fast for a mech spyder too, i could easily outshoot a 9v revvy with it.

At the time it came with an expansion chamber, not a regulator.
the stock barrel wasn't bad either, an older version of the Bob Long Longshot.

I wouldn't pay more than $150 for it, with an E-Frame maybe 200.

---Fred

shorty13
04-19-2004, 06:22 PM
hey fred thanx i will tell my friend what he shouldnt pay for it but i dont think i will be able to tlak him out of this one because he loves this thing

laxkid
04-19-2004, 07:03 PM
Its not bad for a spyder clone, mine ate hammer orings like nobody's business. its fast for a mech spyder too, i could easily outshoot a 9v revvy with it.

---Fred

it isnt a spyder clone kingman bought the rights to the spyder from boblong

Fixion
04-20-2004, 10:14 AM
The Bob Long Millenium is the best spyder ever made, I had one a few years ago. But its still a spyder.

thei3ug
04-20-2004, 10:33 AM
it isnt a spyder clone kingman bought the rights to the spyder from boblong

Really? wow. Bob is quite possibly the most amazing businessman on the planet, convincing kingman to buy the rights to a design they'd already been making for 5 years.

Gauntlet
04-20-2004, 10:43 AM
My friend has a wicked nice, ripping Spyder Bob Long Millenium:

Palmer's Stabalizer
15 Degree Vertical Adapter
Macroline
Empire Barrel Kit
ULE Low Rise Neck
AKA Internals
Side, Rear, and Top Cocking
Dye Double Trigger Frame
Snatch Grip
Halo B(for some reason, even though it doesn't rip THAT much)

With all the time he spent on it, he could've bought a nice Impulse: ect.

I'll tell you what I think is cooler than a regular Spyder: it has the vertical adapter closer in to the trigger frame making the gun more compact. It also has 3 cocking position- side, rear, and top. And some also come with a nasty spash ano. And Angel feed neck threads-really good.

He has another BLM body, and I want it. But he charges a hard bargain.

I suggest your friend get one. From here you can see that I love the thing, lol.

deathstalker
04-20-2004, 10:44 AM
Not only that, stacked-tube blowbacks were on the market long before Kingman started making them. The term "Spyder clone" is quite the misnomer.

shorty13
04-20-2004, 01:49 PM
yo you guys thanx fro all of the info you have helped out a lot with the purchase of this gun. he is now so addicted to the gun he has already thought of stuff he wants to buy for the gun and that is all he talks about now in this class we have it is really funny because he started out with an aci meverick.

i think that it is kindof funny how i had never heard of the gun and you guys are tlaking baout how it is the best spyder out there.

tribalman
04-20-2004, 02:02 PM
can you link to the auction? also, this timmy is a spyder discussion has been beaten into the ground with a dead horse. to sum it up: the stacked tube design was popular a while ago. a few companies used it. end of story.

Gauntlet
04-20-2004, 02:23 PM
I personally believe that BLM bodies are the best spyder bodies. Angel feed!

Fred
04-20-2004, 03:21 PM
they're angel feed now?

if so, that's pretty sweet... mine was press fit and almost came out once.

the bodies that come on the actual Millenium are nicer than the upgrade bodies. the upgrade style has a slot on the side for a cocking nob, the gun-body doesn't and has a very nice top-cocking rod setup.

From what I understood at the time, bob was making a lot of upgrade spyder parts, and then just put an entire marker together using said parts, named it, boxed it, and sold it as a high end spyder. when it came out it was $320, just $20 more than the Spyder SE (top of the line at the time) and had a much nicer trigger frame, vert feed, top cocking, and lacked the stupid hardline that the SE had.

stacked tube blowbacks originated with the PMI-3/VM-68 IIRC... but there might be an older one... old Kingman Hammer maybe (pre-hammer pumps)?

---Fred

Gauntlet
04-20-2004, 03:30 PM
I think some do and some don't. My friend's two have angel necks. Mostly the splash ano ones.

trains are bad
04-20-2004, 03:47 PM
I have one, it's angel threaded.

Nobody had yet mentioned that it uses a fat striker.

And I want to know what all Eframes fit FOR SURE.

Fred
04-20-2004, 04:26 PM
I got rid of mine over a year before the first eframes for them came out (Boo-yah?).

I would imagine most, if not all fit, since it took standard spyder frames.

shorty13
04-20-2004, 08:05 PM
hey you guys go to ebay and under search type bob long millenium and it comes up it is black with green splash and the auction ends tuesday it has a few other things in with the package all my friend wants to get is a all american (nazis).

shorty13
04-20-2004, 08:06 PM
oh yeah i think that it is the first one on the list after you search for it

Gauntlet
04-20-2004, 09:12 PM
a bit expensive. But he wants one, go right ahead. Pretty decked out.