PDA

View Full Version : well, i'm stupid...

mikebridge
04-19-2004, 04:21 PM
got my new 88/4500 apoc2k today, rolled down to the pball shop to get it filled, brought it home, put on the fittings, cranked in the pressure adjust, turned it on, and blew the macroline + low pressure disc because i hadn't put the pressure adjust in far enuff. sigh.

WARPED1
04-19-2004, 04:32 PM
Can you say "oops"? LOL. At least it's an easy fix, mate.

mikebridge
04-19-2004, 04:49 PM
yah, once i figure out the torque spec for the replacement LP discs i need to order now. my room is very well dusted now :)

WARPED1
04-19-2004, 04:57 PM
Bring it to your shop, let them do it.

mikebridge
04-23-2004, 08:47 PM
shop put the new disc in, brought it home, cranked it in even more, turned it on, boom, blown disc + macroline again. sigh. i give up.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
04-23-2004, 08:59 PM
keep on trying, at least you didnt blow up a xvalve like me

mikebridge
04-23-2004, 09:02 PM
screw it, gonna take it to the proshop and have THEM adjust it, so i can stop spending money on the 1200psi burst discs (cause if they're popping'em, they shouldn't be charging me for'em, but considering my 2 options, fox and bbt, they probably will charge me for'em anyways)

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
04-23-2004, 09:14 PM
you try agressive yet?

mikebridge
04-23-2004, 10:05 PM
where/who? only stores i know of, near me, are bbt in naperville and fox in aurora

spacedtedybear
04-23-2004, 10:13 PM
Dude, do not crank it in. Turn off your tank, and unscrew the reg nut out. Now, screw the nut back in and then stop after a few turns. Hook it up to your marker, turn it on, and then adjust from there. Same thing happened to me. Though my disk didn't blow.

tony3
04-23-2004, 10:34 PM
Mike I noticed you lived in naperville. Pm me or hit me up on aim and we can talk, as I live in naperville also.

felony
04-23-2004, 11:24 PM
Mike I noticed you lived in naperville. Pm me or hit me up on aim and we can talk, as I live in naperville also.

holy crap!

we got ANOTHER napervillian!

chaulk another one up when i come home on the 3rd of may

sorry for not being of any help, but naperville is soo cool.. lol

dan

m20power
04-23-2004, 11:41 PM
Hey there, I have an apocalypse 68/4500 and did the same thing to mine. My blow out disc didnt blow though and my output preassure guage got ripped apart which tells you how much preassure hit it.

My macro line fitting actually shot out and hit me in the chest knocking the wind out of me and giving me a little blood and a nice little scar.

The best way to adjust the Air America is to just hook it up and turn it on at a low preassure like 400 psi and then just slowly turn the velocity adjuster in. The output preassure guage should raise as you do this. If it gets to high just back the screw out some and give the gun a few shots to clear the system and readjust to the lower preassure.
That way you wont be turning it up to 1300 psi and blowing your burst disc.
Hope that helps.

By the way I noticed you said that the macro line blew because "because i hadn't put the pressure adjust in far enuff."
As someone already mentioned the apoc dosent work like that. If you completly remove the velocity screw you will get zero psi going to the output. It is as you screw it inward and start putting preassure on the reg pin assembly thingy (i forget the exact name but you get the idea) that the preassure starts to raise. If you were to screw that adjuster all the way in and then turn on your tank then you will basically have tank preassure hitting the output.

mikebridge
04-24-2004, 12:04 AM
ah. thus me being stupid. i thought it worked the other way around, yup, i'll crank the thing all the way out, and adjust from there. now i gotta figure out how to replace the output gauge so i can tell what the output is...

m20power
04-24-2004, 12:36 AM
To replace the output guage you can just shut the tank off and unscrew the old one. Clean out the threads and then apply teflon tape to a brand new guage and screw it on.
If your take preassure guage is busted youll have to drain the tank.

If I were you I would just go to the paintball store and have an airsmith do it. Maybe they will be nice and do it for free. It should only take then 5 miniutes to do.

mikebridge
04-24-2004, 02:20 AM
it was more of a redundant/rhetorical statement about the gauge, i'm aware of how to do it, and have the materials to do so, but after reading about the red loctite on some people's tanks, i'm a bit shy on how hard to crank on the busted gauge when trying to remove it.

m20power
04-24-2004, 11:57 AM
Yeah but replying even though you already know how to do it shamelessly raises my post count. :p

1ofkind
04-24-2004, 07:10 PM
Hahahaha lol