PDA

View Full Version : Triple regulated problem

Bonx0007
10-03-2001, 01:50 AM
Ok, I am a new mag user and I wanted to know if my current setup will cause any problems that any of you AGD pros can forsee. I have a Pure Energy 68cu 3000psi pre set tank. This then goes to a pure energy regulator adjustable from 200-800.Which then goes through the gun reg. If I open up the fore grip adjustable reg to its max flow rate will shoot down be noticed or are there anythings that I can do to make my next paintball experience a good one with this gun. Please all input is wanted.

Bonx0007
10-03-2001, 02:04 AM
If there are any AGD staff that can help that would be nice too.

ShinyGuy
10-03-2001, 02:19 AM
Triple regulating usually causes flow problems. If you crank the PMI reg all the way open you probably wont have any problems, but it would be better to remove it completely. Besides, that way you'de have a spare reg to use on another gun or sell.

So... The second reg is probably hurting now.
No matter what you do with it, it's not going to help.

banzaimf
10-03-2001, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Bonx0007
Ok, I am a new mag user and I wanted to know if my current setup will cause any problems that any of you AGD pros can forsee. I have a Pure Energy 68cu 3000psi pre set tank. This then goes to a pure energy regulator adjustable from 200-800.Which then goes through the gun reg. If I open up the fore grip adjustable reg to its max flow rate will shoot down be noticed or are there anythings that I can do to make my next paintball experience a good one with this gun. Please all input is wanted.

Ok... you have a regulated tank that goes into a regulator and want to put a vertical regulator and then it will go to the regulator that is built into the mag.

you will have problems with shootdown with this setup.

Most regs need approx 325 psi difference between the regs to refill at a consistant rate (old school theories here). The mag has approx 350 out of the front end of the mags built in regulator (this regulator is essentially a gen-x/any air america reg, same design used on all of them). From there you would need at least 325 to prevent shootdown. That means 675 into the gun. Another 325 brings you to approx 900 out of the bottle. Adding 2 more regs means that you have to have 1550 psi out of the tank to make sure that there is no shootdown.

What is possible (after you learn the in's and out's of the mag enough that you think you'll never send your reg to AGD) is that you can rip out the guts of your automag reg and use an aftermarket reg. Most aftermarket regs aren't as good as the ones that are in the mag.

So... basically.. run the bottle and the mag... sell your other reg and get a barrel or some other cool stuff.

banzaimf

fenris69
10-04-2001, 10:02 AM
you wont have any probs... i use either my raptor reg or pure energy preset tank, into a sheridan rg-1 reg in to my mag with no probs using microline. so phhttttt. just make sure your input pressure(to the automag reg) is high enough, figure around 875-900 to account for any pressure loss with the extra regs. this way you can switch to co2 as well with less probs, assuming the pure energy reg can handle it.

Army
10-04-2001, 12:30 PM
The AIR reg needs at least 500psi head pressure to operate. You want to put in 800psi in order for all seals to work and the reg to be consistant. You will be better off losing the PE regulator and running just the tank, which is preset to 800psi anyway, the AIR reg can handle it easily.:cool:

banzaimf
10-04-2001, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by fenris69
you wont have any probs... i use either my raptor reg or pure energy preset tank, into a sheridan rg-1 reg in to my mag with no probs using microline. so phhttttt. just make sure your input pressure(to the automag reg) is high enough, figure around 875-900 to account for any pressure loss with the extra regs. this way you can switch to co2 as well with less probs, assuming the pure energy reg can handle it.

so you have 875 to 900 going into the back of your mag? what is the pressure going out of the tank.

banzaimf

Cha0tic
10-04-2001, 03:06 PM
lol i hope he just worded it incorrectly. you don't want more than 2 regulators on your setup. you can run with three, but you may have shootdown problems when you shoot fast.

fenris69
10-04-2001, 03:17 PM
that correct...have the input pressure slightly higher to account for the drop your gonna have between the regs. makes for a consistant marker, as i was originally using it for co2 with just the two regs, but although it takes some adjusting with the raptor obviously, my preset(its more than 850 out since im still getting 875 in) works just fine. i COULD just bypass the reg and use it for a foregrip...but i wanted to see my input pressure. plus i can just switch back to co2 by changing the bottle. so...you can use the extra regs but if your using HPA in the first place and dont need to use anything else then why bother? a foregrip is cheaper, or if your like me and want to know your operating pressure then a gas through drilled for a guage.

Bonx0007
10-21-2001, 03:35 PM
thank you everyone!:D :D :D