PDA

View Full Version : Emag chopping after 2 years, at wits end!

anthrakz
04-20-2004, 11:39 AM
My emag, which I've had for over 3 years, is starting to chop like mad when I shoot faster than 8 bps. I know it's chopping because I find paint and bits of shell in the loader neck. It used to be a regular emag with stock body and barrel. I could fire as fast as I wanted. I changed to ULE and use the same barrels I use on my autococker (the barrels are fine on the autococker), and all of a sudden I start to chop. I try all my barrels and they still chop. I've sent my gun into AGD, they tried giving me a long nose bolt, no help, they tried giving me a foamie bolt, still no help. I have just recently installd a Karta body and I still get the same problem. 2 different bodies, 4 different barrels ranging from Lapco, SP, and J&J hard chromes, 2 different bolts and still no change. The only constant has been the loader, which is a 5 year old 18v Revvy. Before I go and throw down $60 for an Egg, or spend $90 on a lvl 10, would the loader play a part in me chopping all of a sudden? And why would the loader only cause chops on Emag and not autococker?

deathstalker
04-20-2004, 12:02 PM
Your hopper might be doing the chopping/breaking, though I would expect to see the same results on your 'cocker.

Weren't the 18V Revy's called "Shredders" for a reason? ;)

ghideon
04-20-2004, 12:12 PM
Yeah, sounds like the hopper. I'd try switching hoppers for a game or two with a friend to see if you can replicate the problem on a different hopper.

REDRT
04-20-2004, 12:16 PM
I know your pain. My RT classic was a blender. It would chop a couple of balls in the breach, blow them up in the the powerfeed and sometimes blow a ball into the revvy taking out some up there to! The number #1 upgrade I did is this lvl 10 bolt. The best money I've ever spent on a paintball item other than buying the RT. I did however step up to a halo B. I really like it. I cracked the imput pressure to 1100PSI to be really reactive to test this set up and it emptied the halo in a blink of a eye! I had one ball out of about 180 that slightly chopped, but it shot right though it. It my have been the ball or I may need a little more tuning. I don't know. I ran out of air before futher testing, but it could NEVER do that before! I'm sure since AGD has looked at your gun the set up is in order, body alignment and all that. Maybe these upgrades is what you need to? :)

REDRT
04-20-2004, 12:27 PM
or spend $90 on a lvl 10,

I got mine brand new on ebay for $68 buy it now. $73 with priority mail. 3 days across the country. Not too bad! :)