PDA

View Full Version : Custom Signatures is back on now

cphilip
04-20-2004, 12:13 PM
I was not aware it was off until just now when some of the Members reported it in Friendly corner. Please check and see if you are now seeing an edit box in your Usercp and can edit. I think its back on now.

Cryer
04-20-2004, 01:03 PM
I can edit my signature, but it cant be over 500 characters...

deathstalker
04-20-2004, 01:04 PM
Good. Maybe now people can edit them so they meet the guidelines.

ONE image
Under 20k
NO quote tags
NO swearing
Under 175X350

Maybe you guys can start cracking down on them, too. It's been my experience in life that if people don't play by the rules, NO ONE gets to play. I'd hate to see sigs turned off because people are either illiterate, have poor reading comprehension skills, or think that for some reason they are exempt.

cphilip
04-20-2004, 01:30 PM
Heck I may even lower the number! The 500 is way over the guidelines as it is!!!

One reason I am turning it back on is so you can edit it. But also be aware that Moderators now have the power to go in and edit your signature if they need too. They did not have this permission in the old software. So now its easier for them to just go in and deal with it. And they can be removed at any time.

shartley
04-20-2004, 01:42 PM
Heck I may even lower the number! The 500 is way over the guidelines as it is!!!

One reason I am turning it back on is so you can edit it. But also be aware that Moderators now have the power to go in and edit your signature if they need too. They did not have this permission in the old software. So now its easier for them to just go in and deal with it. And they can be removed at any time.Good to hear. Nice feature. :)

Kevmaster
04-20-2004, 01:55 PM
yeh, lets keep people to the rules

Cryer
04-20-2004, 02:30 PM

One reason I am turning it back on is so you can edit it. But also be aware that Moderators now have the power to go in and edit your signature if they need too. They did not have this permission in the old software. So now its easier for them to just go in and deal with it. And they can be removed at any time.
Typing 500 characters should be outlawed. No one wants to read all that in someones sig.

Mines over 500 characters, but its html formatting (using a table). I think its too flashy as it is, and I want to change back to the one I had, but I cant cause the old one still has too many characters (but its still within guidelines).

cphilip
04-20-2004, 03:10 PM
Typing 500 characters should be outlawed. No one wants to read all that in someones sig.

Mines over 500 characters, but its html formatting (using a table). I think its too flashy as it is, and I want to change back to the one I had, but I cant cause the old one still has too many characters (but its still within guidelines).

Do the best you can with what you got....

tony3
04-20-2004, 03:33 PM
It seems like we should just have 60x60 avatars, works much better imo. And only allow 200 characters in your sig. No sig images.

Major Jam
04-20-2004, 03:54 PM
In your control panel, you can globaly turn off viewing other peoples signatures if you don't want to see them or if you're on a bandwidth budget.

cphilip
04-20-2004, 04:34 PM
In you control panel, you can globaly turn off viewing other peoples signatures if you don't want to see them or if you're on a bandwidth budget.

Thats correct. You are free to turn them off. Its up to you if you are seeing them. But within reason even the people that want to veiw them should not have to be subjected to huge and annoying ones.

We still have not agreed that Avitars are better than a modest limit on Signature images. So we are for now going to stay with what we have been doing.

atm743
04-20-2004, 04:44 PM
ya i did the same i had to change mine. i had one problem with one of my sig pics being to mig but i am getting a new one made and i switch to my old one now. but with all of the text in the tabels and. i cant have more then 3 hyper links. when it first changed i was going to change the drop down box to a marquee or jest type out all of my traders/sellers/buyers. i think that we should at least have like 600 characters and that dosent count spaces between words. but whatever i got my sig working below 500.

Cryer
04-20-2004, 05:06 PM
Do the best you can with what you got....
Fixed mine... Doesnt look bad. Had to go back and cut out alot of formatting code. ;)

It seems like we should just have 60x60 avatars, works much better imo. And only allow 200 characters in your sig. No sig images.
I like avatars, but given the choice between avs and sigs, I'll take a sig. Its more expressive.
Changing it to avs wont cut down on people dissobeying size limits. I've seen avs that are 400k+. (I'm assuming that avs would have similar or smaller size restricitions to sigs)