PDA

View Full Version : question about markers most often used by tourney players...

PowerFedMag
10-03-2001, 10:41 AM
OK, from what I've seen, almost every tourney player picture in a magazine or otherwise, is using an Auto-Cocker. That would make it seem like like most players do use the Auto-Cocker.
Why use an Auto-Cocker though, instead of something like an Angel, or E-Mag? Tourney regulations?
It just seems like players would be using E-guns instead of Auto-Cockers, tho I have heard Cockers are great with accuracy and range.
I did see the top female player using a Mag tho, Hyperframe, and Z body setup on her Mag.

Cro§§ƒire
10-03-2001, 11:26 AM
Most Big Tournies I go in most guys shoot autocockers and angels the only team I see useing emags is the jax warriors. Oh yea and me :D

PowerFedMag
10-03-2001, 11:32 AM
What's so great about auto-cockers? Can they match the high ROF of an Angel or E-Mag? I mean, I kno they are awseome, especially when tricked out, but it just seems like an electric gun could outperform them..then again I could be completly wrong, and ya the gun dont make the player so...yea...

Cha0tic
10-03-2001, 01:22 PM
it is their reputation. they have been known to shoot more accurate and farther than other guns. and we all know this is completely true :)

Temo Vryce
10-03-2001, 01:24 PM
Personally I think it might have something to do with the ablility of the cocker to be almost completely costomised by the player. You can buy a cocker piecemail (sp?). What I'm trying to say is that you can say buy a body and block from company A, the bolt from B, the three-way and hammer from C, Trigger frame from D, Barrel from E, and whatever else is left from whoever has it. This makes the Cocker very appealing to many Pro players. It also makes the cocker very tempermental. The mag doesn't have this base of aftermarket parts that would allow players to customise it. Maybe sometime in the future Tom will let a few of members of the Design team have some fun in designing some fancy bodies for the mag. Mind you this is all my opinion and I could be really off base so you have to take this with a grain of salt.