PDA

View Full Version : Springs & Oil

yoyoma
04-20-2004, 07:24 PM
I have a couple questions.

1. What are the best places to oil on the x-valve and is it ok to put oil directly onto the level 10 bolt?

2. I am able to get 280 - 290 FPS with the shortest spring that came with the X-valve although I read the shortest is good for 250 FPS. Will I be ok leaving the shortest spring in there and shooting at 280 - 290 FPS?

Giddy Up!!!!

i_baked_cookies
04-20-2004, 08:09 PM
oiling- before every day of playing, you want to drop one or two drops of oil into the powertube. then shoot your gun 20-30 times WITHOUT you barrel on. this will cycle the oil on those orings and help them seal. you then want to wipe down the chamber of your gun (itll be oily) and put ur barrel on.

spring length-
short spring is for lower velocities because it offers less tension against the bolt. if you use the short spring at velocities like 290, the level 10 won't do its job, in that i mean itll start chopping because its now less sensitive. the long spring will be really gentle on paint, but youll have to turn up your velocity more to keep the gun cycling, which will make the gun less efficent. do, though, take note that the long and middle spring dont differ in length that much.

yoyoma
04-21-2004, 05:27 AM
I put the middle sized spring in my gun and it would not shoot, I turned up the velocity and got it to shoot but then air started leaking out the front of the barrel. What is the reason for this?

yoyoma
04-21-2004, 05:30 AM
Also what do you meant the gun will be ''less efficient'' with the longer springs?

Joni
04-21-2004, 07:13 AM
Exactly what he said. The gun will be less efficient on air with the longer springs. The leak down your barrel is probably your carrier. Try to go one size down.