PDA

View Full Version : I guess i'll post my new gat too..

Digits
04-20-2004, 09:57 PM
haha.. Go ahead call me a Nazi.. In the end of the day it still rips :)

http://www.jayloo.com/lib/get_file.php?id=2352
http://www.jayloo.com/lib/get_file.php?id=2353
http://www.jayloo.com/lib/get_file.php?id=2354

rudy6732
04-20-2004, 10:00 PM
if you ever happen to take it apart, could you take a picture of the bolt? i have heard it is very similar to the matrix bolt, and im just curious to see the comparison.

Digits
04-20-2004, 10:02 PM
I'll take pictures of the bolt after this weekend.. I just don't want to take it apart right now because it's working nicely and I have a tourny on the weekend :).

RoadDawg
04-20-2004, 10:04 PM
Looks good. I've been toying with the idea of getting one of those in the future.

Nick O time
04-20-2004, 10:05 PM
omg i love the Nasty shockers they are the coolest looking ones imo. good choice my friend.

zacbot
04-20-2004, 10:08 PM
nazi..haha

rudy6732
04-20-2004, 10:08 PM
ok cool, i was just curious so no need to hurry. Sweet gun btw :)

Skoad
04-20-2004, 10:13 PM
I won't dis' your gun. Just don't call it a "gat" ever again.

TraXeR
04-20-2004, 10:14 PM
Nice mag! :p :D

joking... that shocker looks AWESOME, sweet buy.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
04-20-2004, 10:36 PM
...is it me or does sp seem to be making their guns look more like mags?

dyeforever
04-20-2004, 10:47 PM
yeah smarty parts just realized mags are the shizz nit

la690
04-20-2004, 10:59 PM
yo dudzorz, that gat is so AGG!!!!!111!

ok sorry, i blacked out for a sec there. too much pbN. nice looking gun. :)

No sKiLLz
04-20-2004, 11:07 PM
Shocker Internals
http://www.jayloo.com/lib/get_file.php?id=2360
It's a spool valve as well. Everybody says it's different, but that's because they are stupid. The Evolve, Image, Slam, Fuse are all spool valves with different characteristics, just like the bolt in the Shocker and ICD Freestyle.

Digits
04-20-2004, 11:37 PM
I won't dis' your gun. Just don't call it a "gat" ever again.

hehe for a gat to be agg it needs mismatched parts.. Oh one day when I come to not hate aggness lol.. But I do have the unimount and thats said to be agg.. Except I don't really like the feel of it with the shocker.. I liked it more on my mag.. I need a rail or something now..

BTW.. The shocker is heavier then my x-valved/ule bodied mag.. With a stock rail.. Just so you all know :).. I don't really know how much.. But if you held both you would tell the diff..

The thing I love about it is that it is crazy simple.. The full bolt piece (take out the back end of the gun) is like 4 pieces (like a trix) and that is basically the gun.. I havn't taken apart the reg yet.. Only a couple pieces from the bottom, but I couldn't get the rest out (didn't now how).. Only complex part i've found is the noid.. Which I hopefully won't need to touch again.. I'd say it's simpler then the mag.. I was never comfortable doing any sort of work on my mag..

I think the board ramps to.. And I love it.. haha I was shooting at a fairly constant rate then all of a sudden it gets like 4 bps faster lol.. w00t!

Target Practice
04-20-2004, 11:57 PM
Hey, you may be a Nazi...but you are a Nazi with one good lookin' marker. Kudos!

Evil1
04-21-2004, 01:45 AM
Nice gun dude! The 03 shocker is not hard to work on at all. Even the noid is easy. The reg is even easier to work on. Also a word of advice: I own a 03 shocker and if you have been playing with it or shooting it at all, I would take out the bolt, bolt sleeve and bolt guide and give them a quick lube with the shocker lube or dow 33 what ever you want to call it. They work much better when greased good and they need it after any heavy play. And no the stock 03 shocker board does not ramp, it is just easy to hold a high ROF with it. I am by no means a trigger god and even I can amaze people with my 03 shocker. Anyway good luck with your new gun.

SpecialBlend2786
04-21-2004, 01:54 AM
nice umm.....gat...

But seriously lol, I like it

Konigballer
04-21-2004, 02:56 AM
you worthless goosestepper!

you dirty Hun!

you sneaky kraut!

you nazi piece of shi...oh screw it, nice gun ;)

Creative Mayhem
04-21-2004, 09:07 AM
You what I just thought of? Maybe it's due to lack of sleep, but i think it would be hella funny and a cool anti SP statement to have a new back cap, or what ever its called, with the ANTI SP(swastica) logo on it. Maybe it's just me though. :p

Skoad
04-21-2004, 10:21 AM
The shocker bolt does look like a trix bolt only a little shorter.

PzYcO
04-21-2004, 03:33 PM
LOL! when i first looked at im like, whoa thats a new mag body milling... and saw the trigger, and then was like WTF! :o

phantomhitman
04-21-2004, 03:39 PM
nice gat hommie ;)
i really like the looks of that one compared to the original one

Chronobreak
04-21-2004, 03:42 PM
yeah ide like this not to be confused with pbn and keep the "agg gat" language out of ao please its somewhat emberrasing and immature but nice shocker

MarkM
04-21-2004, 04:46 PM
if you ever happen to take it apart,

Of course he will have to take it apart, it's a Shocker and it's a new one too.
This isn't flaming just the truth, no marker on the market needs as much lubing as a Shocker. plus nice to see that Smart Parts is already doing a "free" recall...sorry upgrade :rolleyes:

shivors
04-21-2004, 04:53 PM
Pretty pretty...

RT pRo AuToMaG
04-21-2004, 06:19 PM
Awesome. I have been pondering about picking up a shocker as a backup for my matrix, and this may be the one! Now, to get some money!

Oh and mark, ever lubed a matrix :D If it needs more lube than that, something in the shocker needs to be redesigned.

Digits
04-21-2004, 06:34 PM
Nice gun dude! The 03 shocker is not hard to work on at all. Even the noid is easy. The reg is even easier to work on. Also a word of advice: I own a 03 shocker and if you have been playing with it or shooting it at all, I would take out the bolt, bolt sleeve and bolt guide and give them a quick lube with the shocker lube or dow 33 what ever you want to call it. They work much better when greased good and they need it after any heavy play. And no the stock 03 shocker board does not ramp, it is just easy to hold a high ROF with it. I am by no means a trigger god and even I can amaze people with my 03 shocker. Anyway good luck with your new gun.

Ya the stock doesnt.. But the Nasty's have new programing :).. But I don't know if it ramps.. I'm the only one that can shoot it fast out of me and my friends .. Once I do the flipped microswitch mod though i'm sure there will be plenty of bounce for all to rip on it..

I don't know whats up with my eye though.. It wont detect any balls.. Or anything.. Good thing I have a halo otherwise I might of been screwed at the tourny :).. The pressure isn't that much either.. I think it would bounce of a ball once and twice at the most.. It's a bit like the stiff spring for the lvl 10, only a bit harder.

FallNAngel
04-21-2004, 07:12 PM
Shocker Internals
[IMG]The Evolve, Image, Slam, Fuse are all spool valves with different characteristics, just like the bolt in the Shocker and ICD Freestyle.

...Except the ICD Freestyle is a blowforward...

jayloo
04-21-2004, 07:25 PM
Hey man if it feels good in your hands...great! Keep shootin it.

evan123
04-21-2004, 07:26 PM
Oooo i can't wait to get my 03 shocker. What type of feedneck is that?

PaintballSmurf13
04-21-2004, 07:43 PM
that's sexy. And if im a nazi supporter for wanting one, oh well :cool:
-Ryan

Digits
04-21-2004, 08:20 PM

A twister clamping one I believe.. They come stock with nasty's.

scribe
04-22-2004, 02:42 AM
i guess a lot of you nkow about shockers. i was wondering, since i might have extra money this summer, if i should get a shocker. my friend keeps telling me to get a viking. all i know is that i like the look of the shocker better. either way though, both guns are fine right? so i can go ahead and base it on looks?

MarkM
04-22-2004, 05:37 AM
Awesome. I have been pondering about picking up a shocker as a backup for my matrix, and this may be the one! Now, to get some money!

Oh and mark, ever lubed a matrix :D If it needs more lube than that, something in the shocker needs to be redesigned.
No (I forgot about the other gas hog) I have already gone down the route of one, lube and then lube again marker and don't intend to start again. Matrix's are way too heavy new and old and I dislike the balance point on them too, I have had to fire a lot of them as a chrono judge and that was enough for me.

Bolter
04-22-2004, 08:52 AM
so.....what does AGG actually mean?

Nice Nasty btw!

No sKiLLz
04-22-2004, 11:36 AM
...Except the ICD Freestyle is a blowforward...

What do you mean by blow forward?

Intellimag
04-22-2004, 12:16 PM
I agree with wantamag, dont forget what forum your on :).
BTW, nice gun, lol :)

JoyInTheMadness
04-22-2004, 04:07 PM
gat is a stupid word.

FallNAngel
04-22-2004, 04:18 PM
What do you mean by blow forward?

The ICD Freestyle is a blow forward (like a mag), not a spool valve like a Matrix.

Blowbacks use a spring behind a hammer to hit a valve and use the air to blow the air to blow the hammer/bolt back behind the sear. Examples: Spyder, Pirhana, Tippman's

Blowforwards use the air pressure behind the bolt to blow the bolt forward and use a spring or (in the case of the Freestyle) air to push the bolt back. Example: AGD Mags, ICD FreeStyle

Spool valves use air to move the bolt forward and back, dumping the air in a dump chamber when the bolt is forward. Example: Matrix, SP 03 Shocker

No sKiLLz
04-22-2004, 05:35 PM
The ICD Freestyle is a blow forward (like a mag), not a spool valve like a Matrix.

Blowbacks use a spring behind a hammer to hit a valve and use the air to blow the air to blow the hammer/bolt back behind the sear. Examples: Spyder, Pirhana, Tippman's

Blowforwards use the air pressure behind the bolt to blow the bolt forward and use a spring or (in the case of the Freestyle) air to push the bolt back. Example: AGD Mags, ICD FreeStyle

Spool valves use air to move the bolt forward and back, dumping the air in a dump chamber when the bolt is forward. Example: Matrix, SP 03 Shocker

I was under the impression the Freestyle was a spool valve, but I just checked and you're right, it's not. I thought maybe you were confused about what blow forward meant. Sorry about that. :o

FallNAngel
04-22-2004, 05:39 PM
Sorry about that. :o

You better be...

:p :D

Digits
04-22-2004, 06:56 PM
i guess a lot of you nkow about shockers. i was wondering, since i might have extra money this summer, if i should get a shocker. my friend keeps telling me to get a viking. all i know is that i like the look of the shocker better. either way though, both guns are fine right? so i can go ahead and base it on looks?

Any problem you have with the shocker should be a very easy fix, unless it has to do with the electronics (like my EYE not working!!! :mad: GRR.. I'll just take it into the place I bought it.. Free lifetime warrenty :))...

Now the shocker will be smaller/lighter then the viking.. It will be simple, and easy to take apart.. Maintaining it is basically just lubing up everything.. Which if your like me you won't mind, but some people like to just put there gear down, pick it up the next time they paintball and use it w/o problems.. The worst thing on the shocker though is the efficiency.. If you get the HE bolt it is pretty good.. But the stock bolt is HORRIBLE.. (were talking like a stock bolt on a matrix).. The viking however won't be as easy to take apart.. But I don't think you would ever need to.. You just drop a couple drop of oil down the asa every so many shots.. So it all depends.. If you want a lighter gun get a shocker.. If you want a gun you will probablly never have to touch get a viking..

Bunkerking69
04-23-2004, 06:43 AM
E Mag Wannabe

Evil1
04-26-2004, 12:37 AM
If the eye is not picking up anything, it may just be dirty. Take off that little piece held on by the detent and pull the eye out a little to inspect it. Also, what color is the shocker you are using with the bad eye? I heard that gold shockers have had problems with the vision system due to the gold color confusing the eye. I don't know how true that is, but I heard that somewhere. What exactly is the flipped microswitch mod? Let me know. I should be recieveing my HE bolt for my shocker this week so I will let everyone know how it works.

yeahthatsme
04-26-2004, 10:16 AM
the flipped micro switch mod involves de-soldering the microswitch from the board and then flipping it and putting it back in, then connecting the far points on the switch with a wire. it is actually really easy to do i did it myself with no prior soldering experience in about 30 minutes. it gives the trigger a new feel. i also took my magnet out so its just the microswitch returning the trigger and it RIPS. if you have any questions feel free to contact me on aim at person 1243 or by PM and i could help you out.

nice shocker btw, i love mine.(my vision is out too, i prolly just need to clean the ketchup out of it tho).

BlackVCG
04-26-2004, 10:23 AM
Looks like an A+ clamping feedneck to me.