PDA

View Full Version : ok I need help too....!!! why scam people really!

spiralx45
04-20-2004, 11:04 PM
Ok ok I can tell it's SCAM time of the year or something, more than person on here looking for help. I didn't really wanna post anything because well it should have never happened in the first place!

Needless to say I bought a mag off a guy on ebay... came with some goodies I thought it was a good deal. Paid the guy and he said he would have it shipped out and get back to me with a tracking number. I paid him march 21st. I am haveing a hard time getting ahold of him and when I do I just get excuses.

I did get a tracking number at one point but it didn't work (tried to fudge it but nothing)
Anyone know a spy33der ??? aka xref33pb ???
I have 2 differn't phone numbers and one house address under his name
He's in Wichita Falls, Texas maybe if anyone is from that area they might know something???

He claims he shipped it and was given the wrong tracking number... then claimes his buddy who works for ups could not find the right tracking number for anything sent to my address. For awhile i believed him but it's starting to get fishy and I havn't heard form him since friday.

Halliday
04-20-2004, 11:12 PM
How did you pay?
Either way, try

http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/fraud/welcome.htm
http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/seal7878.jpg

mag-hatter
04-20-2004, 11:38 PM
heh a buddy at ups.........he could have tried to be original haha.

Sir_Brass
04-21-2004, 12:06 AM
You never know, man. Some of us (like me) actually DO have a buddies who work for UPS :).

Steelrat
04-21-2004, 12:18 AM
Okay, here are your options:

-If you paid by paypal, file a claim with them. They actually go after funds in his account.

-If you paid by credit card, check with your card company. Some reimburse for internet fraud, and a few (Visa is one for sure) have agreements with Paypal that completely protect you.

-If you didnt use paypal, ebay themselves will pay up to $200, minus a $25 deductible, for any fraud. You need to follow some steps they have, but its available.

-If you used UPS to ship, its not really a postal matter, so its not going to be high on the list of things for Postal Inspectors to investigate. You should be able to figure out where the guy is by the phone number you are calling. Just get in touch with the local PD there. If you didnt use paypal, you must have sent the money to a physical address.

-TELL him what you are doing in an email and/or a phone call.

tyrion2323
04-21-2004, 11:03 AM
Do you have all of his information? (real name, address, phone number)

If so, involve the police. People tend to ship out packages real quick after they get a phone call from their local sheriff's dept.

Jacob