PDA

View Full Version : ASA problem/question...

Target Practice
04-21-2004, 01:58 AM
OK, here's the thing. Everytime I screw my PE 68/30 into my ASA on my 'Mag, it will go in about half-way, and my valve will charge with no leakage out the ASA. When I go to screw it in the rest of the way, it leaks like a mother. I havent been able to get it to seat all the way yet. When I unscrew it (which can be a pain) the O-ring has some serious wear that wasn't there before. The only way I have been able to get it to work, is to use my remote (which I hate). I have an an adapter that screws into my ASA with a male nipple on it, with a quick disconnect to the remote. With this jury-rigged set-up, it works perfectly.

At first I thought it was a bad ASA, but if that was the problem, then the remote set-up wouldn't work. Anyhoo, I'm stumpped. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Ryan

Joni
04-21-2004, 07:20 AM
It's probably your tank that doesn't agree with the ASA. It can happen sometimes, some tanks and asas just wont fit together. See if you can borrow another asa and try using that.

tonybhall
04-21-2004, 08:52 AM
I had the same problem when I got my Custom ULE RT Pro. I tried 3 AGD ASAs and none of them worked with my Cross Fire 68/4500. I got a Kapp drop with an on/off and it works great. Joni is right. Sometimes the threads on the ASA and the threads on the tank just don't work together. I called AGD about mine and they said that there is no industry standard. They have been making theirs exactly the same the whole time but sometimes you just get a bad match.

An on/off helps because it allows you to screw the tank all the way in before you engage the pin. Otherwise, when the pin engages before the tank is seated, you have to screw and unscrew the tank under pressure which can be real hard and not good on the threads.

Hope this helps