PDA

View Full Version : Do crossfire tanks use loctite?

-=Squid=-
04-21-2004, 07:40 AM
Well, I may be getting the Mac Dev conquest reg to replace my crossfire... but have a couple of questions.

Do Crossfire tanks use loctite on the threads? How should I go about removing the reg? Vice + muscle? Thats what I would figgure, but dont want to break the bottle like I have heard of. This is perhaps the more important question.

Also, when installing the new reg, should I put a little blue loctite on a couple bottom threads? I have heard to put a dab of blue on only a couple threads. If not, do I just screw it on and im done?

Thanks for any help... but please dont tell me to just take it to an airsmith etc.

Timmee
04-21-2004, 08:34 AM
Anything wrong with your Crossfire reg? Wanna sell it? :D

Seriously, if you do want to sell it (assuming it's in working shape), feel free to PM me with the specs (PSI rating and output rating).

TheTramp
04-21-2004, 11:20 AM
[QUOTE=-=Squid=-]
Also, when installing the new reg, should I put a little blue loctite on a couple bottom threads? I have heard to put a dab of blue on only a couple threads. QUOTE]

I've had a crossfire tank that had loctite on it.

All I can say is don't put any on when you put the new reg on! The hydro people are getting really anal about it. They wouldn't put my tanks back together last time because there had been loc-tite on the threads and they didn't want the liability of reassembly. At least they passed them.

Skoad
04-21-2004, 12:01 PM
Call Crossfire.

-=Squid=-
04-21-2004, 12:28 PM
Thanks for your help so far. Its a low pressure crossfire reg, 400 output from a 4500 bottle. If you want it PM me, im not even sure what its worth. Back on topic...

Assuming I get it off, all I need to do is screw it on?

TheTramp
04-21-2004, 01:24 PM
Assuming I get it off, all I need to do is screw it on?

That's right. There should be at least a full inch of threads. That along with the 1000's of psi will make it impossible for you to turn the bottle off the reg while it's under pressure.

With that said...there is specific amount of torque you are supposed to officially give it so that's why people always say "go to an airsmith."

rkjunior303
04-21-2004, 01:40 PM
over on PBN on the tank forum there is a Crossfire rep -- i suggest talking with him.. he should be able to give you all of the CORRECT info right from the source.. No sense f'in around with 'i heard from this guy' answers.. ya know?

-=Squid=-
04-21-2004, 03:31 PM
Thanks for everybodies help. I will call mac dev as well as crossfire before attempting this.