PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from Minnesota - at the Mayo clinic

Webmaster
04-21-2004, 10:03 AM
Well - I got here on Tuesday. I have already seen two doctors, and had some xrays taken. I still have this rather nasty test involving needles and electricity to map out the nerves in my leg (which I get to do in a few hours). I have an eye exam and two MRIs scheduled. Then once we have all the tests we meet back with two doctors again.

UGH - lots of work but this place is pretty amazing. The design is really pretty, lots of art and marble. The Doctors really seem to know their stuff.

So - just reporting in - everything so far is going ok. They dont really have a good idea of WHAT is wrong - but I think that we are on the track to finding out.

Thanks again and I will try to report in when I can.

HoppysMag
04-21-2004, 10:07 AM
hope they figure it out and how to make it better. get well soon man

Tobe2be
04-21-2004, 10:08 AM
HURRY UP AND FIX AO. umm but before that take all your exams and i hope everything comes out ok for a

Dayspring
04-21-2004, 10:10 AM
The needle/electricity thing sounds like all SORTS of fun. You can cook hotdogs that way. ;)

See if you can bring that home with you. I know a few people I'd like to hook up and start cookin'. :D

Stay well Webby!

cphilip
04-21-2004, 10:11 AM
Good to hear they taking care of you Steve. Any pretty Nurses? How bought some picts!!!! :D

ASDadam
04-21-2004, 11:20 AM
Yeah! Some pics of the pretty nurses.....naked....
Get well and good luck.

Webmaster
04-22-2004, 08:44 PM
Wew - ok - the EMG test was NOT fun. At all. Nada. Ow. It consisted of me sweating profusely for 2hrs while they either jolted my legs with electricty to see how my nerves would react - or sticking a needle in my muscle and make me use it while they measure the electrical current in it.

UGH - I am glad that was over. Honestly it wasnt that bad - there were only a couple really sucky times - but the FEAR that any second they will hit some sensative spot isnt worth it.

Anyway - I did that test and an eye exam. I guess many neurological problems can show evidence in the back of the eye. All I have left now is two MRIs and then hopefully my crack team of professionals will help me figure out what to do.

So I am over the hump - just need to keep the eyes on the prize and hopefully we will crack this caper!

RenagadeOfFunk
04-22-2004, 08:52 PM
...I know what happened with your leg...

...you kick to much @** in paintball :) ...get well soon...or else :p

TeamNausea
04-22-2004, 09:13 PM
Good luck!

Potatoboy
04-22-2004, 09:38 PM
I thought you were going to be in Rochester MI, why the change of plans, I'm not that scary...

Am I?

Muzikman
04-22-2004, 10:00 PM
Steve, it's good to hear ya are taking care of this problem. It's been way too many years and you are way too young. Take care, have fun, and remember, you are married, so not picking up those nurses that Phil want's pix of;)

P8ntBallBoom
04-22-2004, 10:23 PM
I'm from Minnesota and I could not agree with Webmaster more. The Mayo is an awesome clinic. I've had some relatives that have been there and they really know their stuff.

Hope everything is well with you, Web!

Kevmaster
04-23-2004, 12:46 AM
Take care, have fun, and remember, you are married, so not picking up those nurses that Phil want's pix of;)

Phil's married too....and he loves to give away that candy. whats wrong with ole Webby having a little fun :cool: