PDA

View Full Version : "Roller Trigger 2 beta"

Flossabe
04-21-2004, 11:02 AM
I decided to improve on the Odyssey or Comb trigger (AGD hump trigger with a wheel on the hump) dont know if any one has done this but I am going to, instead of just a wheel I am using an actual roller bearing, it should increase compfort and mabye speed, well see and Ill keep you all posted, and if any one wants one pm me and we can discuss that, pics to come soon.

Halliday
04-21-2004, 12:05 PM
I'm interested in seeing what you come up with. If it's better than the AGD bolt-on abomination ....... well :)

Chronobreak
04-21-2004, 03:52 PM
im interested one as long as itl fit my existing agd frame..and it provides some advantage..i was looking for one for a long time but by the time i found em they were already discontinued

Flossabe
04-21-2004, 06:45 PM
Yea it will jut be mounted in to your existing trigger, if everything goes good on finding the right sised roller bearing it shouldent be to long

Z-man
04-22-2004, 02:51 AM
You know of course that you cannot make a tasty thread like this and not be prepared to have pictures ;) We will have to do something about this!

Flossabe
04-22-2004, 11:49 PM
ok, ok, here is the only pic i have so far, still waiting on finding the right roller bearing.

DementedChild
04-23-2004, 12:04 AM
i wonder if it would work better on a flat trigger?

btw are you just using a small drillbit to put a hole into your trigger?

Flossabe
04-23-2004, 01:50 AM
if this works out good that is what i am going to do on my TL63,
and yes for the small drill bit, i wouldent try it with a hand drill I used a drill press

Bad_Knees
04-23-2004, 01:53 AM
Floss,

Try surfing mcmaster.com

BK

Flossabe
04-23-2004, 01:42 PM
Thanks Bad_Knees, just the place I was looking for, they ended up being $11.00 a bearing but at least I found them and they are on the way. Thanks again.

Bad_Knees
04-23-2004, 02:10 PM
Let me know if you need any assistance...I can help you out.

BK

Flossabe
04-28-2004, 03:41 AM
Whats up guys, I have finished most of the trigger except for a few things. I am still working on the HES magnet and I have not gotten a 2mm axel for the bearing, it looks like I did but that is just a nail. Ill post some more pics when I do any thing else to it. Let me know what you think.

Halliday
04-28-2004, 08:09 AM
Looks good so far.

Chronobreak
04-28-2004, 09:04 AM
yeah lookin GREAT cant wait til see the final product

mobius
04-28-2004, 09:34 AM
Maybe I'm mising something, but what is the point of putting a roller bearing in the middle of your trigger?

Halliday
04-28-2004, 09:50 AM
You're right, you are missing something. With the roller trigger all you have to do is wiggle your finger up and down to shoot.

Zneaky
04-28-2004, 02:46 PM
Why dont we put a hand crank attached to a cam and pedal fire the triger, it would be like a gatlan gun?

BlackHalo
04-29-2004, 11:46 AM
Why dont we put a hand crank attached to a cam and pedal fire the triger, it would be like a gatlan gun?

Triple your pleasure, triple your fun -

high bandwidth
http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/animation/Speedball-Grinder-hr.wmv

low bandwidth
http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/animation/Speedball-Grinder-lr.wmv

Halliday
04-29-2004, 12:26 PM
Triple your pleasure, triple your fun -

high bandwidth
http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/animation/Speedball-Grinder-hr.wmv

low bandwidth
http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/animation/Speedball-Grinder-lr.wmv
Could they have shot that video from a little further away, like from orbit? Nice sound thou with the Gatling-Gun shooting.

SpecialBlend2786
05-01-2004, 12:17 AM
haha, those vids are awesome

Chronobreak
05-07-2004, 11:54 AM
update? are you just making one for yourself or you gona be selling some cause if you are put me on the lsit for one :D

Flossabe
05-07-2004, 01:16 PM
I will be selling them, however I have to leave for work for about 4 months so it will be a while before I can get any of them out but when I get back it shouldent take but a day or two to complete each one, I can install them in any trigger but I will have a website up with all of the info and an order form sory guys for the wait.

Chronobreak
05-07-2004, 02:25 PM
wow 4 months is pretty steep im hoping i can find someone else to make them maybe...the hair wil prob be out by the time your done..

mark_426
05-11-2004, 05:10 PM
up for you.. but not without some hassle :)

1. Are you doing a screw on one side, or an axle the whole way through? - edit, i see its through, how are you holding it in? is it removeable? Could you use one screw that goes through one side and the bearing?
Ex:
. ___ .
l | . | |
l |/////l
l |__| |

2. How do the magnets/set screw fit with an emag trigger?

3. Have you shot it yet?

4. And it does look neat and clean (good job), but, what size is the bearing? As well as the width?

Target Practice
05-11-2004, 07:12 PM
Looks good. It's pretty much frictionless, isn't it?

Flossabe
06-01-2004, 08:45 PM
Ok everybody I came back home for a little bit and got this thing finished, I think it works great, you can pull off long constant strings realy easy at 20bps no problem. Extremley smooth, a must for those people who have a problem walking fast, I will be able to put it on any trigger TL-3, TL-68, Stock emag, whatever, I have only tried it on the stock hump trigger but I may do it to my TL-63 and see what comes of it, I will be selling them, either as a service $38.00 or as a new product $75.00, price is such becouse of the price of the roller bearing and the 2mm pin i have to use, i am still looking for cheaper places to get the matereal but that is waht is is now, This is a permanant adition removeable only by drilling out the epoxy that holds the pin in. One note, you will not be able to adjust your HES magnet because there is not room for the adj. screw and the roller bearing. I will have a video up soon, mabye tonight. I will have to leave out again soon and I only have 2 more bearings so if you want one soon (before september) let me know imeaditly and we can get to work on it.

Let me know what you all think.

bunkerhugger
06-01-2004, 11:07 PM
Looks way cool. Let me know when they become available.

Halliday
06-01-2004, 11:09 PM
PM sent.

Flossabe
06-02-2004, 01:37 AM
They are avilable now but I can only make 2 for now, as I have to leave for work, but within the next week or so I can do them, allready have one inquary waiting for a foresure response from Halliday, any one else just PM me.

Halliday
06-02-2004, 12:11 PM
Pretty close to yes here, but a question.
I only have one HES trigger magnet and it's currently being used. Will that affect the installation of the roller? Can I put in a magnet later? I do have a spare loose magnet. Would that help?

Flossabe
06-02-2004, 12:22 PM
I will use the magnet that is in the trigger now, it works a little better if you put an extra magnet in the gripframe to pull it foreward a little harder but it is in no way nessacary, but the only extra part you will have is the little plate that has threads on it that you adjust the magnet with, that gets taken out and I take the magnet off of that.

But rembember unless i use a new trigger from AGD (or whatever you send me) I will have to cut yours up and you wont have the triger magnet adjustment any more.

Halliday
06-02-2004, 12:25 PM
How about using just the loose magnet? There will be no pin to take off it.
I imagine it's glued in place so I think that would work and save you the step of modding the standard magnet.

Flossabe
06-02-2004, 12:27 PM
Well I dont have to mod the magnet, it just comes out, but if you want ill use what ever magnet you want me to, any one will work, it just has to be epoxied into the back of the trigger so it doesent fall out ( on either magnet)

Flossabe
06-04-2004, 02:44 PM
I still have one left if any one wants one, ill be able to make them for a bout a week longer so let me know soon. Still working on the Video, mabye this weekend.

Skoad
06-05-2004, 01:00 PM
Hey, can you make these for different guns? I am assuming you modify existing triggers and don't make your own.. Let me know I may have a project for you!