PDA

View Full Version : Silence for Lil' Drew

Target Practice
04-21-2004, 12:41 PM
For those of you who do not know, Andrew "Lil' Drew" Robertson of the Naughty Dogs passed away on April 17 while practicing with his team. I think I speak for all AOers when I say that our sport has lost a great player, and wonderful person. Our prayers and condolences go out to his family.

The Memorial Service for Drew is on Saturday, April 24, at 2:00 p.m.. For those who will not be attending (which, unfortunately, is many), if you are playing on Saturday (or even if you are not), reserve a moment of silence around 2:00. Talk to the field owner, or bring it up after the morning safety briefing. I think this is a good way for all paintballers to pay our respects to a fallen comrade.

God Bless Drew, his Family, and all the people who where touched and inspired by him.

warbeak2099
04-21-2004, 12:56 PM
Wow, this kind of reminds me about the time when Slayer, of the Tippmann forum died about four years ago in a car accident. We all were pretty shocked.
I'm playing on Saturday with some friends. I'll definately insist that we take a minute to remember Andrew. Hopefully he's jammin right now in that big sup'airball field in the sky...
Does anyone know by any chance the circumstances of his passing?

Target Practice
04-21-2004, 01:02 PM
Heart fatigue. He complained he wasn't feeling very well during practice, then he passed out. The EMTs couldn't revive him. I'm a little scetchy on the details, but that is s the gist of it, I'm pretty sure.

Cryer
04-21-2004, 01:05 PM
That is truly sad.

Northwest Paintball has a forum dedicated to him now. Check it out for more info

http://www.dtsonline.us/messageboards/nwpb/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=14

Clare
04-21-2004, 01:08 PM
According to the autopsy, Drew had a heart condition that no one knew about, including him. He was only 28 years old. He was an amazing person and a friend that I will really miss.

cphilip
04-21-2004, 01:16 PM
Sad.

Even though this is a duplicate of an earlier thread I will leave it as it gives some extra notification as to some arrangements that might be overlooked

We lost a few good paintball people in the last year or so.

TraXeR
04-21-2004, 01:27 PM
If I'm doing my usual shift at my local field this weekend. I'll demand my boss makes the field give a moment of silence. I never met Andrew, but I still hate it when this kind of things happen. My prayers are with him.

acropilot19
04-21-2004, 05:44 PM
People Die every day- thats life.

Someone once said "Tomorrow is promised to no man"
Its what you do with the time you are given that makes you special- or not.

And dont think just because youre young & in good health that you wont drop dead tomorrow- this guy didnt & he did.

Dont take life for granted kiddies. Paintball dont mean jack. Its your Family & your Friends that matter. Invest in them & go out KNOWING you did it Right.

And when you play, whatever you play at, Play Hard.
;)

TheDuelist
04-21-2004, 08:54 PM
My best friend and the one I owe for getting me into our sport so long ago, passed away two years ago. Now when we are out playing and we drop a ball or two on the ground while filling up, we say "Another one for Tim." Its our ode to him and what a great person he was. It may be a part of life that no one can run away from but it still sucks. Peace be with you Lil Drew.

Mango
04-21-2004, 09:14 PM
I never met him personally but you can bet I will take a moment of silence at the correct time wherever I am.

Target Practice
04-22-2004, 06:20 PM
Up! I want to make sure as many people see this as possible. It would be a good gesture in the paintball community as a whole. Get your friends in on it.