PDA

View Full Version : Buying Impulse Which Needs Heli-Coiling. Help?

OysterBoy
04-21-2004, 07:38 PM
alright, I may be trading my mag and spyder for a nicely milled impulse with reg and barrel. Pics in a minute.

It needs heli-coiling on the part that holds the solenoid in place. How much would this cost to do? and would it still be functional?

Thanks.

OysterBoy
04-21-2004, 07:39 PM
http://members.rogers.com/headfirstdesigns/big%20white%20046.jpg
http://members.rogers.com/headfirstdesigns/big%20white%20045.jpg
http://members.rogers.com/headfirstdesigns/big%20white%20040.jpg

anxiouspaintblr
04-21-2004, 08:01 PM
OR, you could stay true and keep your mag :)

or go to Jantz id i can possibly get you a good deal. Id upgrade your mag though.

barberjohn
04-21-2004, 08:06 PM
hey anxiouspaintblr, i have an emag in my sig too! huh, for some reason, they seem to look exactly the same. in fact, i may remember taking a pic of that exact angle :eek: :D . sorry for interrupting your thread oyster boy, but i just had to say that. oh, and you can leave it in there, its good that someone else has interest in my gun instead of just me.

OysterBoy
04-21-2004, 08:09 PM
Lol, I made the sig for him.

I found the picture on jayloo before evan sent me HIS emag photo. Sorry if it annoys you, I thougth it looked really nice so I threw it in :p

barberjohn
04-22-2004, 12:41 PM
yea, i noticed the similarity in sigs. its alright with me, i wont go sp on you. actually, i think its pretty cool that my emag was chosen over all those other ones :D . back to the impulse, im not sure i know what heli-coiling is, but i used to have an imp, so if you gave a description, i could probably help you. also, if it has anything to do with milling or rethreading, it is a pain, no matter how sweet the gun looks. also, what kind of mag are you trading? that imp looks very nice, and im not sure who would give that thing up for anything less than an all ule mag. or maybe you are just getting a really good trade ;) .

yaddatrance
04-22-2004, 01:01 PM
Well if you have rudimentary machine tools (like a drill and tap) I'd say
do it yourself... A helicoil is pretty trivial to install.

You'll need:

1) A drill
2) The helicoil and the matching tap and drill bit...

* Drill out the damaged thread to the length of your new screw.
* Tap it out for the helicoil.
* Using the provided helicoil installation tool, wind it in until the top is a quarter turn inside the thread.
* Remove the tang

anxiouspaintblr
04-22-2004, 05:05 PM
also, what kind of mag are you trading? that imp looks very nice, and im not sure who would give that thing up for anything less than an all ule mag. or maybe you are just getting a really good trade ;) .

He's getting a really good deal, his mag is not very good jsut a classic and he uses his spyder....something or other either way its still a spyder. But the thing is that the imp is useless to himn cause theres no machine shops around him. He first offered to rade me for my b2k i refused, he then told me he would sell it to me for 250 dollers[ thats canadian as well ;) ] i didnt really feel like paying htat for it so I passed it onto oyster who I knew needed to have something better than a spyder for his main marker :P

EDIT- I'll get my own mag in there soon :D

FreakBaller12
04-22-2004, 05:31 PM
say what is H.F.D? i thought it was hackettstown fire department( where i live :confused: )

barberjohn
04-22-2004, 05:37 PM
wow, that for around 175 U.S.?!! i would take it in a split second for that price. is this guy on ao, cause i want it if oysterboy doesnt!

OysterBoy
04-22-2004, 05:38 PM
Its the 'company' evan and I are starting up. Paintball products such as;

(NONE HAVE BEEN MADE YET lol)
The Derringer (Iffy, The Costs Are High)
Pro-Flip Drop
Mollusk Hopper (Shell For Revy)
Beluga Hopper

and a few more in the thinking process.

BAck to the impulse.. :)

anxiouspaintblr
04-22-2004, 05:39 PM
No he's off pballcanada and lives in Canada. lol

as for HFD it stand for head first designs a company me and oyster are semily trying to get off the ground.

wanna donate :)

RRfireblade
04-22-2004, 06:05 PM
My only concern with that is that is a TINY screw thread....tiny.And it's a fairly critical area as there are only 2 of those tiny screws keeping the 'niod from leaking.......barely not leaking that is.

I'm not sure what I'd do myself,I'm also not sure if heli-coils come that small.If there were room in the noid body,I might try and go up a size and re-tap or possibly just go deeper.Either that or I might just weld up the screw hole and start over.

I'm sure something can be done though,I just can't say how easy it will be depending on how skilled you are. ;)

OysterBoy
04-22-2004, 06:08 PM
I'm not going to do it, ill phone every machinist in town. If that fails, the machinist that works for Rohm&Haas (where my dad works) might be able to. If ABSOLUTELY not, off to Doc it goes (for a 2 year wait, lol).

RRfireblade
04-22-2004, 06:13 PM
Or send it to me. :)