PDA

View Full Version : Call me crazy, but where is the REPLY icon for private messages in this new format?

Dueydog
04-21-2004, 11:31 PM
I've looked without luck. I'm sure it's in plain site.
Thanks,
Matt

Miscue
04-21-2004, 11:32 PM
I've looked without luck. I'm sure it's in plain site.
Thanks,
Matt

I couldn't find it either. But I guess the 'quote' button does the job.

Halliday
04-21-2004, 11:42 PM
I'm just using the "Quote" for now.

hAppy
04-22-2004, 12:23 AM
i was having this problem too... but i didnt have the guts to embarass myself and make a thread :(

yeah the quote button does the job, and if you click the person's name, you get a drop menu, not as convenient, does teh job though

The Deacon
04-22-2004, 12:53 AM
Thank God, I'm not the only one... :)

Tunaman
04-22-2004, 05:04 AM
Using the "Quote " button will enable guys like me to actually know what you guys are talking about.

MarkM
04-22-2004, 05:20 AM
It isn't in this build (or if it is it hasn't been enabled) how many times have you recieved a pm and thought ??????? what did I say to that person especially when that pm has taken a while to be answered. You can always delete the quoted section.

shartley
04-22-2004, 06:05 AM
Adam Shannon asked the same question the day the new forum went live… I answered pointing out to use the “Quote” button (as others have in this thread). And then he deleted his thread. ;)

cphilip
04-22-2004, 10:03 AM
Yep... I saw that Sam. I would have rather he left it but... well...

Anyway thats all you got is quote. Not reply. When I get time I will look and see if there is a way to add a reply but really... as has been pointed out... quote is better as it does remind the reciever what the subject was about.

Dueydog
04-22-2004, 10:09 AM
Cheers,
Matt

felony
04-22-2004, 10:18 AM
Thank God, I'm not the only one... :)

ditto, i just started goin back to sagerforums.com who also made the upgrade before AO did.

quote definatly gets the job done .

very very strange though

PissedGodzilla
04-22-2004, 10:20 AM
You're Crazy.

Sorry couldn't help myself it was right there in front of me.....

shartley
04-23-2004, 07:03 AM
Yep... I saw that Sam. I would have rather he left it but... well...

Anyway thats all you got is quote. Not reply. When I get time I will look and see if there is a way to add a reply but really... as has been pointed out... quote is better as it does remind the reciever what the subject was about.
I agree, on all points.

Wouldn't the easiest solution be to just rename the QUOTE button “REPLY”? I think that would kill two birds with one stone, and should be quick and easy to do.

Dueydog
04-23-2004, 11:15 AM
You're Crazy.

Sorry couldn't help myself it was right there in front of me.....
Cheers,
Matt

cphilip
04-23-2004, 11:36 AM
I agree, on all points.

Wouldn't the easiest solution be to just rename the QUOTE button “REPLY”? I think that would kill two birds with one stone, and should be quick and easy to do.

Would be if there is an edit of that part of that part of that layout. And that would be what I would do. But not so quick and easy as to finding that particular place to edit it. Its a stock layout. Not much places to edit it from what I am seeing so far. But have not had much time to really study and find it yet. And then there is always the option of doing a custom layout if that turns out not to be something that can be edited. But at this moment I am just too busy with some other things to really dig into it yet. I will though.

logamus
04-23-2004, 11:43 AM
the old forum settings quoted the old message when you hit reply. its odd to see quote instead of reply, but just imagine it and it works fine.

cphilip
04-23-2004, 02:10 PM
the old forum settings quoted the old message when you hit reply. its odd to see quote instead of reply, but just imagine it and it works fine.

Yea its the same thing. Its just not as well labeled. Labeling the button Quote is whats throwing people off. Same thing though. Just wish they would have chosen a more descriptive title for the button. And in that template I have not found anywhere so far that lets me edit the button itself. Lots of other thing to do but the one thing I want to do! :rolleyes: But I have so far just gone through about half the options and looked at them in templete edit. If its there its not easy to find. I going to have to go through all of them line by line it looks like.

Tunaman
04-23-2004, 04:02 PM
I agree, on all points.

This is a GREAT idea! If you ever knew how many times I get PM's with no way of knowing what the person is talking about you would blow your brains out....make the "quote" a necessity.