PDA

View Full Version : hmmm just a thought for the a-5

dwab3000
04-22-2004, 10:20 AM
ok i got to thinking...has anyone seen the cyclone feed off of the a-5
ok well if i can later ill post some pics of it...its just basiclly a hole in the right side that is alittle bigger than a paintball...and it has a hook in where the cyclone feed attatches

well i got to looking...i wondered if i could hook something up where i can put a warp on it...i think if its clean looking it would be freakin sweet...

now i dont normally use the a-5 so if it doesnt work its not the biggest upset to me (just have the a-5 to fool around with dont really play with it much) and ill probably order another reciver so i can still mess around with it

does anyone else think that would be pretty cool if it turns out looking clean...hmmm

and ill beusing a friends warp he doesnt want

Jeffy-CanCon
04-22-2004, 10:28 AM
Sounds like an interesting project. Keep us posted, eh?

SlartyBartFast
04-22-2004, 10:42 AM
Someone already built a very good looking Tippmann with a Warp feeding from the bottom.

Would there really be an advantage doing the same thing to an A-5?

dwab3000
04-22-2004, 10:45 AM
yes....igot larger tubes for my rt....i have an even faster rt now and it out shoots my cyclone feed...and i think it would be better no have a lower profile

~WarpedRT#2~
04-22-2004, 10:59 AM
Nice, plus the A5 beats the heck out of a 98.

bleachit
04-22-2004, 11:30 AM
if you want to get rid of the cyclone feed if you get the warp working, I have a friend who may be very interested in it.

dwab3000
04-22-2004, 12:13 PM
well the specs for it right now are

45 frame...i dont remember the drop name...then an empire on/off

empire twister barrel
rear velocity adjuster
new pro star bolt
red hot tube
rt with larger hoses (faster by far)
dop vert adapter
ergo reg
i have taken off the stock sight too....never really used it...

if it sets up alright i may sell it...this may take some time
so dont expect it like to appear next week on here...

Head knight of Ni
04-22-2004, 12:16 PM
plus the A5 beats the heck out of a 98.

But the 98 will always win in hand to hand combat. :D

spasticsquirrel
04-22-2004, 12:21 PM
whats wrong with the cyclone feed, it never failed me. Well, if you happen to not like the cyclone, i could always use a spare..., or try to hook it up to another marker. I say its a nice system.

dwab3000
04-22-2004, 12:56 PM
its not that the cyclone feed is bad

it just inst fast enough...i have new hoses for the rt so i can shoot faster

there are also some custom jobs on the trigger to make it shorter and lighter

so i can out shoot it
i need something to keep up with me

sgt_easton
04-22-2004, 01:38 PM
Definately a cool project.

I'm bleachit's friend that's interested in the cyclone feeder. Tippmann sells them for $36 shipped, so if you could beat that price, I'd go with yours.

I'm curious - at what BPS are you outshooting the cyclone feed?

Oh_Davey
04-22-2004, 03:41 PM
I thought the cyclone feeds one ball per trigger pull so how could you outshoot that?

sneakyhacker420
04-22-2004, 03:49 PM
i'm almost positive that PTP (www.proteamdirect.com) sells something like that, but it goes over the cyclone feed rather than replacing the whole cylcone feed mechanism

otherwise i think that doc or punisher could whip up a mounting bracket for the warp in place of the cyclone feed

dwab3000
04-22-2004, 04:30 PM
I thought the cyclone feeds one ball per trigger pull so how could you outshoot that?
thats what i thought...but theres more air flowing into the rt which sets the trigger back faster, thus when sweet spotted it lets the bolt go faster so fast by the time the ball in ready to go in the bolt is already forward or i get half the ball and my cyclone feed and bolt act up till i can clean it. so even if the ball isnt completely gone i only get a ball in there for every other shot fired..
it becomes a hassle...

I'm curious - at what BPS are you outshooting the cyclone feed?
if i bring it to the field with me next time (since its not my back up gun just my mess around gun) ill find out...i think somewhat of an electro, and i thought that you were alking about buying the whole gun once i got the warp on it before so i was just think sweeeet...but if this gets going good the cyclone feed can be yours for about 20 25 bucks...

i'm almost positive that PTP (www.proteamdirect.com) sells something like that, but it goes over the cyclone feed rather than replacing the whole cylcone feed mechanism
well not exactly its just a lid that goes over it for a lower profile...no hopper goes on, its meant for the people who play scenerio but are all in like gilly suits and such...i would like to be able to keep a hopper on there so thats kinda ehhhh...

otherwise i think that doc or punisher could whip up a mounting bracket for the warp in place of the cyclone feed

i was actually thinking of that, talk about it in the workshop or something and see what people could do...if they cant do it im sure ill whip something up

and i figure ig i end up not liking the results ill be able to buy or get a new reciver from tippmann or just sell it on ebay as custom (and it is even right now)
ill hopefully post some pics tonight of my plans for it...