PDA

View Full Version : PSSST Sound after a few shots (Shootdown?)

davej946
10-03-2001, 06:21 PM
Alright guys,
I'm running 88ci 3000psi Crossfire N2 with a stock Automag. Just re-greased the spring pack, lubed well, replaced the Reg Seat with a BRAND NEW one. I can fire a few shots of decent velocity (don't have chrono, but they are striking the tree nicely) and then I get bolt stick? I assume it is BS because the gun makes a PSSST sound when I pull the trigger, and it sends the ball 1/2 way down the barrel. If I wait a few seconds, maybe re-gas it, it works fine for a few shots. The Paint/Barrel match is good.

Can't figure it out. Which length of PT Spacer should I use, longest or shortest without issues. I'm 99% sure it is the stock spacer, and I'm fine with the trigger - no need to change for preference, just want it working. It has done this for as long as I've had it (a year now). Please help. I'm headed to a 24 hour scenario game this weekend, and I love to have the mag running well.

If you need more info let me know. Also, the gun is 100% stock except for the barrel. I am running a heavy duty ACI coiled remote, if that matters.

[Update] Alright, I just bypassed the remote and screwed the tank diectly to the ASA. As far as I can tell it works OK. After several shots I experienced no shootdown or BS. I guess I'll be in the market for a drop forward. Can anyone give a possible reason for the remote causing problems? I just rebuilt the Slide Check and QD.

Thanks,

a_malfunction
10-03-2001, 10:09 PM
Maybe you have some sort of restriction in your remote....

[M@g_D@ddy]
10-07-2001, 10:40 PM
oohhhhhhhh, this happened to me on my e-mag. i have an adapter on my dropforward like u would have on ur remote. crossfires are weird and if u push the pin valve all the way down, it starts to close again. don't screw the little thing (that u srew the tank into then the remote hose runs from that) down all the way. leave maybe one or two turns left. this could be ur resriction that a_malfunction was talkin about.:D