PDA

View Full Version : Something interesting for Rec and Scenario Players ..

Mckevern
04-22-2004, 01:19 PM
I found this ...

www.atcpaintball.com

I wonder how it'll turn out....

Jeffy-CanCon
04-22-2004, 02:26 PM
Looks impressive.

Personally, firearm-replica markers (and the people who use them) make me uncomfortable. PR-wise, I think it's a step backwards for paintball.

trains are bad
04-22-2004, 02:54 PM
I agree, I mean I don't--I don't think they should be illegal or anything. As a shooter they do freak me out kind of.

Besides, there's no functional reason for them to look like that. An autococker looks like it does because of its design. An M16 looks the way it does because of the way it was designed.

Any marker that looks like an M16 looks that way because it was made to LOOK that way. I'm pretty businesslike and not into appearences, and so such markers seem stupid and cheap to me. It's like, why pointlessly design a marker to look a certain way when there's no advantage to it. KISD.

Fred
04-22-2004, 03:01 PM
I saw the first one at Shatnerball II... Its cool, but not that impressive...

wow, look, they slapped an airsoft body around a chopped up E-98...

it still requires a hopper.

If it had an ATS style chain feed clip and wasn't electronic, I'd be more interested... but so far its just another slapped together conversion (even though they try to tell you otherwise).

Milsim stuff is fine with me, if you're too uninformed to be able to tell the difference you've got more problems than being uncomfortable...

---Fred

trains are bad
04-22-2004, 03:34 PM
I already said I'm against the whole thing. But if I was gonna do it I'd take one that looked like and M4 and mount a qloader under the barrel so it looked like an M204 grenade launcher. Make the qloader look like it and everything.

shivors
04-22-2004, 04:54 PM
Generally these end up beeing too much cash for too little gun IMHO.