PDA

View Full Version : Spring cleaning of my car taken to an extreem :)

PyRo
04-22-2004, 07:13 PM
A little spring cleaning.
I'm going to take out the seats, console, all the plastics, headliner, and the carpet.
Take care of any rust on the floor
Fiberglass over the one tiny rust hole in my floor
Coat all the metal or sections if it with Por-15 as I deem necessary
Remove headliner and reglue the fabric
Vacuum the carpet, use stain/odor remover on it, paint it with that fabric paint stuff, use a stiff scrub brush on it once it dries so its not stuck together and nasty from the paint (also paint & scrub carpet on console)
Clean seats very well
Put everything back in
Get the car up on jackstands
Grind off the rust and clean the section around the hole in floor pan, and fiberglass it
Remove the sections of factory undercoating flaking off
Grind off any bad spots of rust
Use some kind of chemical greese and crud remover
Coat the thing with por-15

Then grind the rust in the wheel wells down to metal, and paint it as close as I can get it to factory with a spray can (its a wheel well, noone will notice if it isn't perfect).

Then I get to degrease everything on the car, and clean out the engine bay. Not sure if I want to do anything about my rusty valve covers yet.

Then after that, hopefully I get to sell it and start again on a firebird that I really want. :)

I may try to use a light polishing compound on it to take out some scratchs the normal scratch remover wax doesn't work, and make it more shiney :) Still investigating how smart this is though.

MrWallen
04-23-2004, 02:01 AM
Ok, so that's what you say you're GOING to do...now do it ;) .

And show proof.

Or else.......I'll....em....well, you don't want to know what I'll do!

PyRo
04-23-2004, 03:47 AM
Well in about a month when I do it, you will get your proof :)

JimmyBeam
04-23-2004, 11:11 AM
uh, i took my car to a touchless car wash the other day........thats almost the same thing right? :rolleyes:

Brak
04-23-2004, 11:42 AM
Well in about a month when I do it, you will get your proof :)

THEN POST ABOUT IT IN A MONTH YOU JACKASS!

PyRo
04-23-2004, 11:43 AM
THEN POST ABOUT IT IN A MONTH YOU JACKASS!
Why, when I can post now about how I bought the stuff to do it, and post again in a month when I do it, this way I get 2 posts :).

Brak
04-23-2004, 11:45 AM
Why, when I can post now about how I bought the stuff to do it, and post again in a month when I do it, this way I get 2 posts :).

someone reset his post count, right now. and you arent allowed to respond to this to get yourself a post

taylor492
04-23-2004, 12:08 PM
The other day i was wondering to myself. I wonder, when Pyro cleans out his car, just exactly what is he going to do.

:mad:

Im gonna make up a list of showering procedures and post it :rolleyes:

billybob_81067
04-23-2004, 09:17 PM
Where'd ya get the por-15, and let me know how you like the stuff... I've been thinking about painting the frames of my pickups with the stuff... :D