PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have this problem w/ PBgear?

ghed
04-22-2004, 09:49 PM
The last 3 times Ive ordered something from pbgear.com one or more of my items was either out of stock or backordered. Even my brothers last two orders have been delayed b/c of stock reasons. Im starting to get sick of this, Ive alrdy spent 2 weeks waiting on my tank and it still isnt in stock! This is ridiculous, its supposed to be one of the biggest/best online paintball stores and yet it cant keep its items in stock or atleast put notifications on the site when items are out of stock!

Ok Im done ranting.

Anyways, does anyone else have this problem or do they just hate my family. Also are there any other good stores you guys would recommend, Im not sure if Ill be using pbgear.com again.

sitting_duck
04-22-2004, 09:55 PM
i've had the same problem with them on multiple occasions. each one i cancelled after a month of waiting. i recommend www.paintballgateway.com and www.888paintball.com
i've ordered from both many times and have never had a problem. :D

tjmpaintball06
04-22-2004, 09:56 PM
get this, i ordered a jersey and a pair of pants and some other random crap and i waited like a month then they cancelled my order because it was backordered. I WANTED THOSE FRIGGIN PANTS!!!! every other time they have been good.

WenULiVeUdiE
04-22-2004, 10:02 PM
I just got my order in today. I got the last pack of 25 orings. I was scared when I saw the site and it said they were out of stock. 888 will almost always have NPS stuff in stock b/c NPS runs 888 and 800. Good luck with your next order.

ghed
04-22-2004, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the input. I think Im to call again tomarrow and give them one more week then Im canceling.

RoadDawg
04-22-2004, 10:12 PM
Uh... I don't mean to ask a stupid question but do you check the "on stock" feature before you buy? I for one have ordered several items from AVI/PBgear and all that was in stock when I clicked the "check stock" button was there. Just wondering if you do the same?

RT pRo AuToMaG
04-22-2004, 10:16 PM
pbgear is great, just make sure that the item you want is in stock. They probably restock their inventory every 1-2 monthes, not every week or whatever. Try to call them and order instead of using the net if you are really worried about an item being out of stock.

WARPED1
04-22-2004, 10:19 PM
You have to call and order in person, the site doesn't get updated in "real time", but if you ask them, someone will run and physically check if it's in stock, at least my last 50 orders have been recieved on time because I called! :D

P8ntBallBoom
04-22-2004, 10:20 PM
Personally, I've never had a problem with PBGear. Everytime I've ordered I have gotten exactly what I wanted at my door within 5 days of ordering. (Order paint Monday, shoot squirrels with it Friday, hehe).

Although, I do wish they would update their pages more often. They have so much stuff on there that isn't even sold anymore and they just seem to like keeping it on there.

Till I have a problem, I'm staying with PBGear. Once I have a problem, its off to www.888paintball.com.

Hope that helps.

arsonpaintball06
04-22-2004, 10:21 PM
i've always had great service from pbgear

RRfireblade
04-22-2004, 10:24 PM
i've always had great service from pbgear

Same here. I usually expect the worst but I have to say,they have a perfect record so far with me.

Miscue
04-22-2004, 10:30 PM
I was missing things on my last order, and it said they were in stock - out of date I guess. It's annoying, but I can understand how backorders can happen.

ghed
04-22-2004, 10:56 PM
Ok you guys are right there is a Stock check on the website :o
But I did call last Monday about the status of my order and they told me that it would take a week to restock and its been a week, yet none of my items are in stock. Its just annoying knowing I wont be able to play this weekend. :(

WARPED1
04-22-2004, 11:01 PM
There may be a stock check feature, but that does no good since the site is not updated in real time.

SpecialBlend2786
04-22-2004, 11:04 PM
Whenever I have ordered something in stock there has never ever been a problem.

jayloo
04-22-2004, 11:20 PM
Same here, I dont shop pbgear.com and similar stores online. I stick to my local field and pb store. Their prices are very competitive.

sudafed
04-22-2004, 11:43 PM
PBGear has a nice site with a good assortment of various stuff to buy. That being said, I will not buy from them again. Because in my experience it is just a false front. They are constantly out of stock of items, and yes I had checked the in stock button. I've talked to numerous people at the store about the status of my orders and they flat out lie about when items are being sent. They also have some kind of problem with reordering products from the manufacturers. Then they go and blame the manufacturers for being out of stock when it is not true, I have checked. I've recieved wrong items a couple of times and I even had to pay for the shipping again to get the item I ordered. All in all it's a nice looking place to shop but it is just smoke and mirror's, steer clear of PBGear. Sorry for the carrying on, but this looked like a good place to get this off my chest.

hAppy
04-23-2004, 12:41 AM
never happened to me, everything came in the next 6 days as i predicted
i always order on sunday, and it always comes friday, everything i asked for

the only time i dindt get something, was when i knew a jacket was on backorder. which i knew and didnt care about

04-23-2004, 01:23 AM
Yes... my C4 pants and C4 jersey has been on backorder for about.. one and a half months, and my Angel AIR still on backorder for about.. well just one week.

Miscue
04-23-2004, 09:00 AM
Same here, I dont shop pbgear.com and similar stores online. I stick to my local field and pb store. Their prices are very competitive.

I would like to, but the locals here suck.

GA Devil
04-23-2004, 09:05 AM
You would be surprised who is out of stock on what. Check it unimounts are 400 back ordered right now. Odyssey only has clear or green halos or shells. this list could go on and on. Ive been trying to make orders and every order theres something out of stock from them main supplier on everything.

ScatterPlot
04-23-2004, 04:13 PM
I haven't ever had any problems with them, but I have heard that others have. I would reccommend calling in whatever paintball order that you possibly can, that way you can ask if they're really in stock or not.

RoadDawg
04-23-2004, 04:33 PM
I would like to, but the locals here suck.
Same here. Unfortunatly now that the great state of California and the Governator, have decided to add sales tax to net orders outside of CA. So the whole reason I went to AVI is to avoid the 8.2% sales tax that CA charges. Now that I have to pay the extra 8% I might as well support the local scene. I've ordered probably 10 items from AVI/PBgear and have had no problems. I check the stock online and if it's out of stock I don't bother ordering but if it's instock I order it and get it by the following weekend.