PDA

View Full Version : are some agd markers illegal?

gorymonkey2
04-22-2004, 11:28 PM
I've heard rumor that automag RTs were not legal at tournys, and my team is about to start going to tourneys, i have an automag powerfeed with an x-valve and intelliframe and was wondering what this is all about. I've heard that it's only illegal if you use the sweet spot but i don't really know, please HELP ME!!!

Dayspring
04-22-2004, 11:32 PM
They are perfectly legal in a stock condition. To get that sweetspot, you have to do a few things combined in order to be really illegal. You guys will be fine.

However, check the rules of the tourney, as some make the overall statement that no RT's are allowed, but they all think that Mag RT's work like Tippmann ones, and they don't.

Target Practice
04-22-2004, 11:39 PM
Besides, if you have the ULT, it is pretty much impossible to sweet-spot it.

Zedaine
04-22-2004, 11:45 PM
Besides, if you have the ULT, it is pretty much impossible to sweet-spot it.

Actually, sometimes I can get a pretty good sweetspot on my ULT.

Joni
04-23-2004, 01:31 AM
But youve got some serious shim action going on there (looks in sig). It wouldnt be difficult to remove some if the trigger would get illegal.

Z-man
04-23-2004, 03:03 AM
that is right. When the ULE Trigger is set up CORRECTLY, it has near ZERO bounce but as Dayspring said, all AGD markers are 100% tournament legal unless you do some work to make them bouncy.

Miscue
04-23-2004, 09:01 AM
How do you type with boxing gloves on? :p

misenhei
04-23-2004, 10:11 AM
man, i have huge bounce probs w/ my ULT...contrary to every other post i read. it bounces at 2 shims, trigger sticks w/ 1 (don't even need to pull the trigger w/ 3, she does it all on her own :), i don't know HOW you hit 5 Zedaine). running ~700psi input, 3 LX shims, mid spring. any ideas?

Joni
04-23-2004, 10:22 AM
Is it new? Before my broke in, I had all kinds of bounce issues. No bounce at all now, running 5 shims at ~750 input,

misenhei
04-23-2004, 10:24 AM
yeah, pretty new. it's got ~20 hours of field time.

cphilip
04-23-2004, 10:31 AM
...any marker that shoots more than one ball per trigger pull and return is illegal equipment under almost all rules. Makes no difference if its a mag or anything else.

The rumor you hear comes from the Tippman RT trigger set up. That RT set up shoots one ball on the pull and one on the release of the trigger. So it technicaly shoots two balls per release and return. So its illegal all the time in tournaments. And it cannot be set to not do that so the whole gun is dissallowed.

But there are many other guns that can be made to bounce and if they are then they can be considered illegal. If those are the rules. And most often they are. Its not just mags. But the use of the term "RT" got confused and so a lot of people think that means the Mag RT. And it does not... Its an erroneous assumption. Often spread around. But there is no truth to it really. Its an error.

trains are bad
04-23-2004, 11:45 AM
That RT set up shoots one ball on the pull and one on the release of the trigger. So it technicaly shoots two balls per release and return.

Umm. I don't think so.

warbeak2099
04-23-2004, 11:58 AM
Actually cphilip the Tippmann RT is technically semi-auto. It fires only one ball per trigger cycle. It just does this very fast by resetting the trigger very quickly with excess gas from the valve after every shot. And it can be turned down or even off by adjusting a knurled knob on the right side of the marker. This kit produces the illusion of being full auto though since all you have to do is keep some force down on the trigger and it will bounce back and forth. Tournies consider this just as easy as using a full auto marker.

DK1
04-23-2004, 01:17 PM
How do you type with boxing gloves on? :p

Do you take your hands off when you type? If so, are you a robot? Do you use your powers for good, or for awesome? Maybe we should join forces...

DK1